Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Pity me then, I can't drive and use a 2 handed PDA at the same time.....I also can't hold a clipboard on a job site and dial a contractor so I can give him my punch list over the phone....I also can't hold that clipboard and compare what I see with what's on the PDA. I can't hold a beer at a baseball game and operate a 2 handed PDA to score th game at the same time......
    Don't let them make light of the handicapped, Jack!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  2. #62  
    Hey, at my age, if I had to go back to school, I think they'd have to send the short bus.
  3. #63  
    Until Cingular completely rolls out it's 3G network I would not expect to see anything coming from Palm GSMwise.

    The major "selling point" of the 700's is the faster internet service and without it being rolled out yet there is no impetus to release the phone.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Pity me then, I can't drive and use a 2 handed PDA at the same time.....I also can't hold a clipboard on a job site and dial a contractor so I can give him my punch list over the phone....I also can't hold that clipboard and compare what I see with what's on the PDA. I can't hold a beer at a baseball game and operate a 2 handed PDA to score th game at the same time......
    Why wouldn't you be able to dial with the touch screen on the TyTn, like you can with the 8120 and MDA?

    IMHO it is becoming a non-issue with the iilegalization of using a cell phone while driving in various cities of the US. It is already generally illegal in most other countries from what I have heard and read. The TyTN will come with voice dialing as standard. A far better option while driving.

    I am a project engineer and I use the touch screen for dialing on my 650 whist on construction site. Why would that be different on the TyTN?

    My friend had a Tablet for building audits. He now uses his Universal for all small building audits instead of lugging around the Tablet. He indicated that he has never had a problem resting it on a clipboard.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor
    Until Cingular completely rolls out it's 3G network I would not expect to see anything coming from Palm GSMwise.

    The major "selling point" of the 700's is the faster internet service and without it being rolled out yet there is no impetus to release the phone.
    Verizon didn't follow that logic; they rolled out the 700w in January when they had just 60 major metro areas covered, Sprint then had 45 and Cingular only had 20 (on HSDPA 3.6). By March 1st, the last independently published account I have seen) they had 51 MMA's covered and were rolling out 12-15 MMA's a month by using, according to the article, six separate contractors. To match Verizon's coverage "at launch", they could have released a GSM version before April. Unless, their rollout rate has slipped, Cingular should have between 99 - 111 MMAs covered by July 1st.

    Now by covered I mean "every tower in area was upgraded" .... IOW, the list of areas they give to journalists to go out and write coverage / performance articles about. Not what the marketing people at the carriers definition of coverage which apparently is "we have at least one tower, probably at the airport"
  6. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor
    Until Cingular completely rolls out it's 3G network I would not expect to see anything coming from Palm GSMwise.

    The major "selling point" of the 700's is the faster internet service and without it being rolled out yet there is no impetus to release the phone.
    3G networks service rather more users outside the US already. I sincerely hope that Palm aren't that dismissive of the majority of their marketplace!
  7. #67  
    I was told by a Rogers store rep here in Canada that they will be coming out with a 700 on HSPDA in the 4th quarter.
  8. #68  
    700W (Sprint CDMA and GSM) is delayed due to buggy functionality. Sprint version will hopefully be out somewhere around November.

    This is from a trusted source. The 700W exclusivity is up, bt the bugs are still there...

    I don't know if there will be a 700P in GSM form, the rumor is no.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  9. jbcross's Avatar
    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #69  
    Below is an EDITED (by me) email I got from the a palm employee what I asked for an update on the GSM 700w model.
    ================================

    From: @gsicommerce.com]
    Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 4:43 PM
    To: Jeff
    Subject: RE: Palm quote for JH


    Jeff,


    Thank you for getting back to me. Nothing yet on any of the GSM devices. Sprint and Verizon just released

    Their versions of the Treo 700 P three weeks ago. The next version is bound to be Cingular. I think that this

    Version is at least two months out and then the Unlocked would probably follow after that. I am a Cingular

    Customer and am dying to get my hands on one too.

    Once I hear something, I will send you an update.


    Volume Purchasing Team

    Office: 610-

    Fax: 610-
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    700W (Sprint CDMA and GSM) is delayed due to buggy functionality. Sprint version will hopefully be out somewhere around November.

    This is from a trusted source. The 700W exclusivity is up, bt the bugs are still there...

    I don't know if there will be a 700P in GSM form, the rumor is no.
    I just put out a flyer for my professional society today where we hooked up with a Major Sprint Supplier. I drafted the flyer and put in make believe prices for

    Treo 700p - MSRP - $649 / Society Member Pays $359
    Treo 700w - yada yada
    Sprint 6700 - bada bing bada bum
    Sprint Blade - yipppie oh kai Yah

    and sent it in for approval and asking for the correct prices to be filled in. The 700w price was edited out when it came back and the words "not available till September" wound up in their place.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions