Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    My local Cingular babe said it will be out "by the end of the year".
    Which year?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Which year?
    I think she's in her nineteenth. Not too bad.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I think she's in her nineteenth. Not too bad.
    Ha......ha......ha. There you go throwing cold water on my perfectly good threadcrapping comment on the speed of execution of Palm.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    O2 just picked up the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    What indications?

Surur
    The leaked Hollywood images, show it running on a Cingular network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    The leaked Hollywood images, show it running on a Cingular network.
    Unless there are pictures I have not seen, the leaked Hollywood device was WM, and one could not make out anything on the screen.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    It better not be EXCLUSIVELY windows! I will be very very unhappy. I will NOT get a windows Treo! Please Palm - offer it in both operating systems! Be loyal to your loyal customers!

Andrew (on GSM Treo 600)
    why would you be upset???? if you want a gsm palm operated device, go out and buy a treo 650. if you are waiting for a utms or hspda palm operated device, you gonna be waiting a while. first of all, who knows if it is in development and then it has to pass all of the cingular trials---you gonna be waiting for a long time. just get the windows gsm device when it comes out.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    If I wanted a Windows OS device, I'd get a Windows device! I want a PALM OS device, with at least the memory of the 700p - ideally with HSPDA or UMTS, reverting to Edge when not in the higher-speed territory. I'd REALLY prefer the Palm Linux kernel, but for that, I know I'll have to wait. No Windows for me! I don't do Windows!

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    If I wanted a Windows OS device, I'd get a Windows device! I want a PALM OS device, with at least the memory of the 700p - ideally with HSPDA or UMTS, reverting to Edge when not in the higher-speed territory. I'd REALLY prefer the Palm Linux kernel, but for that, I know I'll have to wait. No Windows for me! I don't do Windows!

Andrew
    im with you. i want(ed) a pos device, but the reality is i think that pos is finished. i hope i am wrong, but if there is a new fresh version pos floating around it is at least six months to a year away. there was an article on brighthand.com stating the sluggish improvement of the pos also. i dont see pos being the posterchild of the handheld community anymore---it's sad
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    The next Treo is a Windows Mobile device. It will be launched some time next month by Vodaphone in Europe. This is the Windows Mobile Treo that Cingular will be carrying. (Palm will not make a "700w" for GSM. I am tentatively calling this device the 750w)

After that I'm sure Palm will release a GSM PalmOS Treo, but I don't expect it until much later this year.
    I have all but given up on Palm's new GSM phone. Its all about the HTC TyTN for me. I don't think that Palm will get anywhere near the specs of this beast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    The next Treo is a Windows Mobile device. It will be launched some time next month by Vodaphone in Europe. This is the Windows Mobile Treo that Cingular will be carrying. (Palm will not make a "700w" for GSM. I am tentatively calling this device the 750w)

After that I'm sure Palm will release a GSM PalmOS Treo, but I don't expect it until much later this year.
    Where did you get your information?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Next month seems a bit early but that's just about what we have been saying since february ...tho I don't think non WM5 will be till Jan-Feb 2006.

And HTC seems to be competing more with Origami of late rather than a "one hand convergence device"
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Next month seems a bit early but that's just about what we have been saying since february ...tho I don't think non WM5 will be till Jan-Feb 2006.

And HTC seems to be competing more with Origami of late rather than a "one hand convergence device"
    Jan-Feb 2006 will be a tough one to deliver as we are already in June 2006, unless this was a private release of some sort or someone has a different playbook calendar
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I was lucky to be born with two hands so the HTC will be perfect for me
    Sprint coming out with a 700w next 2-3 months I heard today
    Anybody else has heard anything?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    Sprint coming out with a 700w next 2-3 months I heard today
    Anybody else has heard anything?
    What the hell does that have to do with this thread? GSM is NOT Sprint. Sprint is CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    I was lucky to be born with two hands so the HTC will be perfect for me

Pity me then, I can't drive and use a 2 handed PDA at the same time.....I also can't hold a clipboard on a job site and dial a contractor so I can give him my punch list over the phone....I also can't hold that clipboard and compare what I see with what's on the PDA. I can't hold a beer at a baseball game and operate a 2 handed PDA to score th game at the same time......
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Jan-Feb 2006 will be a tough one to deliver as we are already in June 2006, unless this was a private release of some sort or someone has a different playbook calendar
    whoops.....ok let me try NEXT Jan - Feb ... 7 months or so from now.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast