1.    #1  
    On behalf of my wife, I am looking for some insight into how best to accomplish the following...

3 Treo Users
    User 1: Verizon 650, syncs to a Mac
    User 2: Sprint 650, syncs to a PC
    User 3: Cingular 650, syncs to a Mac

Users 2 & 3 need to jointly maintain and update the work related calendar information for User 1. Can anyone offer solutions as to the best means to maintain User 1's calendar across all 3 Treo's?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    It depends on how you sync your devices to the respective computers. If you sync to Outlook, I'm fairly certain that you can save the contact and calendar information on a shared server. I'm not sure exactly how to set this up for a SOHO, but in a larger environment, you can use MS Exchange or MS Server to get everybody's Outlook running in unison. You'll need the services of a real IT person, not someone (like me) who only plays an IT guy on TV.

If you are synchronizing to Palm Desktop, I'm afraid I have absolutely NO IDEA on how to get all 3 people organized. Maybe Desktop has a network feature, or maybe there's a 3rd party app that can do the same (or one of the other Palm-supported PIM apps) through a network, but I can't give a definitive answer.

MS: high on my swear by and swear at list...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks hotbranch. My wifes org, a real estate company, does not utilize Exchange nor Outlook. They use Groupwise for email only and all three users will sync to Palm Desktop.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Don't know if there's much you can do then. Not saying it's unpossible (tm, Ralph Wiggum), but it's probably really difficult. The only thing I can think of is to have Users 2 and 3 sync to the same user name as User 1, then have User 1 sync on the computers of 2 and 3 to get them properly "aligned".

Hope someone else at TC has better advice for you, though...

Another thing that just popped into my mind is to use an online calendar and have the 3 users access it through the phone's browser. I don't think that synching to an online calendar has been worked out yet (I know there is at least 1 thread dealing with the subject), but that would probably be your best option (if/when it gets worked out). Of course, User 1 is the master controller of the online calendar, and if they don't have a data plan, the idea is moot.
    Last edited by hotbranch; 06/01/2006 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Had an additional thought
    FYI, looks like it's possible. It will require some work and a shift in tools used, but it's a step in the right direction. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115504
  6.    #6  
    Thanks hotbranch. I came across a web based service called Airset. I have my wife looking and her co-worker looking into it.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI