1.    #1  
    to use a cell phone as a wireless mouse connected to a bluetooth laptop?? if the 650's camera was designed in a decent enough way to let in a little bit of light, then you could just touch the screen as buttons.

Hmm....
    I thought of this idea a while ago..if it were to happen, more than likely the treo's touchscreen would be used as the mouse. As far as a regular cell phone, i don't think using the camera would be very effective.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    As far as a regular cell phone, i don't think using the camera would be very effective.
    Yea, the 650 couldn't do it. But if there were a decent 1.3MP camera and some notches around the lens' protective lip to let light in....i think it could happen. I dunno tho...I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I dont know what you are talking about with the camera, but a program called Clicker allows the 650's screen to be used as a mouse over bluetooth.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141
    I dont know what you are talking about with the camera, but a program called Clicker allows the 650's screen to be used as a mouse over bluetooth.
    Alright guys, the ideas fairly simple. Take a look at your optical mouse if you're not already familiar with the way it works. The typical mouse has two buttons, perhaps a scroll wheel, and if it's worth a dern, it has an OPTICAL LENS that picks up the texture of the tray/desk/pantleg that it's on. So, basically...if there were a 1.3MP camera or greater on a Treo designed cell phone, you might be able to chunk a wired or wireless mouse away for road trips and scratch up the back of your Treo instead, as you move it all around your table, then click the left side of the screen as the left mouse button, and obviously, clicking the right side of the screen would be a rightclick!

Anyway..that program Clicker, I've never heard of it. I highly doubt it would be able to use the screen as a mouse. Maybe a touchpad, but not a mouse.
    I think that's what it does is acts like a touch pad... Can anyone gimme more information on clicker? Google gives like 9829382 results. lol
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Can anyone gimme more information on clicker? Google gives like 9829382 results. lol
    http://www.salling.com
    Even though you put it in all caps, an optical lense doesn't help this case at all. The focal length is all wrong.