1.    #1  
    I would love to buy a 700p but the price tag is well... high.

I have seen the trade-in program from Palm where you can trade in your old devices for credit to a new device, but if I switch to another carrier I could save many hundreds more.

And with the advent of number-portability, doesn't it make fiscal sense just to get a one-year contract with Carrier X and when I want a new phone at the end of a contract just switch to Carrier Y with another year contract? And do it each year, switching to new carriers for the best phone deal.

I think I am missing something here. What happened to REAL DISCOUNTS for loyal consumers?

I'm a 11+ year SprintPCS customer, but carrier churn may save me money in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by NMprofessional

I have seen the trade-in program from Palm where you can trade in your old devices for credit to a new device, but if I switch to another carrier I could save many hundreds more.

And with the advent of number-portability, doesn't it make fiscal sense just to get a one-year contract with Carrier X and when I want a new phone at the end of a contract just switch to Carrier Y with another year contract? And do it each year, switching to new carriers for the best phone deal.

I think I am missing something here. What happened to REAL DISCOUNTS for loyal consumers?

I'm a 11+ year SprintPCS customer, but carrier churn may save me money in the long run.
    You may also end up with bad service. I mean, there is probably a reason you've been with Sprint for 11 yrears. It works.
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Have you tried going through retentions? Do a search for the thread about retention deals and you'll see that they do a pretty good job of trying to keep you.
    What happened to REAL DISCOUNTS for loyal consumers?
    Those days seem to have pasted with 'Leave It To Beaver.' There are no loyalty rewards for good customers anymore. It's every Shark for themselves nowadays. Sucks though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Have you tried going through retentions? Do a search for the thread about retention deals and you'll see that they do a pretty good job of trying to keep you.
    Depends on what agent you get. Some of those agents don't give a damn. They will let you go a lot quicker than others, so be careful playing that game.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    If you've been a customer for 11 years, I'm guessing your plan is better than anything offered anywhere else. And if it's not, Retention would at least offer a nice plan to keep you. So it's possible, even if you didn't get a discounted phone (and you still may,) the savings on your plan would offset the price of the phone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Depends on what agent you get. Some of those agents don't give a damn. They will let you go a lot quicker than others, so be careful playing that game.
    With as much money as you can save, just keep calling. Its worth it.
    With as much money as you can save, just keep calling. Its worth it.
    This is true. I spoke to 4 different agents before I got one that was willing to wheel-n-deal. The other three were ready to say 'bye, bye.'
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    This is true. I spoke to 4 different agents before I got one that was willing to wheel-n-deal. The other three were ready to say 'bye, bye.'
    Isn't that a sad sign of customer service (or actually the company communication process)....I mean you really can get a different deal depending on who you talk too

Not everyone is savvy to these methods of dealmaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Isn't that a sad sign of customer service (or actually the company communication process)....I mean you really can get a different deal depending on who you talk too

Not everyone is savvy to these methods of dealmaking.
    That's what we're here for. I would've never known to do this if not for this board and SprintUsers.com.
    That's what we're here for. I would've never known to do this if not for this board and SprintUsers.com.
    These boards are where I have learned a lot about how to use my TREO's and how to save a buck!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?