Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I jus ordered a laptop from dell and the sales guy told me wireless companyes are going to offerint wireless broadband cards to put in ur pc's and laptops...he said its comin out in june...has anyone heard of this
    Got Treo?
    Verizon has a card out already:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/m...band/index.jsp

Its been out for a while. My friend switched from that to the Treo 700w when it came out since you can connect to the laptop using PDANet.

Cingular:
    http://www.cingular.com/sbusiness/pccard

Is this what you are talking about?
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I think he means it's built-in like wi-fi or ethernet. But I could be wrong, not
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Ah. I do recall hearing that someone was making a laptop that would have either the cingular or verizon wireless access built in. That would be pretty sweet.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I got a Sprint air card and a $500 laptop. I like using the laptop better than my Treo
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    Ah. I do recall hearing that someone was making a laptop that would have either the cingular or verizon wireless access built in. That would be pretty sweet.
    Sony made one for Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Sony made one for Cingular.
    Ia Cingular's speed as fast as Sprint
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Ia Cingular's speed as fast as Sprint
    If you're comparing to EVDO, then it's not even close. EDGE is more like 1xRTT speed.
  9.    #9  
    I'm not sure it was confusing...maybe he was talkin about using ur phone as a modem but no having to use a 3rd party app...so we will soon he said verizon and other cell phone providers will be announcing soon
    Got Treo?
    If you're comparing to EVDO, then it's not even close. EDGE is more like 1xRTT speed.
    Than why have it? It's like broadband, children's strength
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Than why have it? It's like broadband, children's strength
    I guess they want to use it in Europe.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/10/20/h...vaio-vgn-t350/
    I guess they want to use it in Europe.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/10/20/h...vaio-vgn-t350/
    That looks very, very, not worth it
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    That looks very, very, not worth it
    It's not my cup of tea, but there are drinkers out there.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I got a Sprint air card and a $500 laptop. I like using the laptop better than my Treo
    Other than getting quick emails, your right . Have you tried a tablet PC yet?? even better!!
    There's a bunch of mentions of it here on the boards....going abck about 18 months I would guess. Here's a year old article....

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1771797,00.asp

Though I don't see much use for it on a desktop....hmmm do I wanna use my 700kb EVDO connection or my 28,900 kb cable connection ... and with cable / DSL at $15 month, I got a big why ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Other than getting quick emails, your right . Have you tried a tablet PC yet?? even better!!
    Too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    hmmm do I wanna use my 700kb EVDO connection or my 28,900 kb cable connection ... and with cable / DSL at $15 month, I got a big why ?
    While it's bigger than a Treo, it is certainly a lot better to use at the coffee shop. I just keep it in my car.
    While it's bigger than a Treo, it is certainly a lot better to use at the coffee shop. I just keep it in my car.
    Not with the top down, I hope!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Well...if EV-DO could do 1MB/sec maybe it's not such a far fetched idea to use in a desktop. What I'd suggest is the best way to utilize something like this would be to have something like a USB hub on your desktop that would be your wireless card. Ideally, you could simply take your brandband with you where ever you go.

In some respects, wouldn't this make sense? Pay for an unlimited data plan ONCE. Have it on your PDA, Laptop and desktop and use only 1 internet supplier for all of your broadband needs? Heck -- maybe you end up getting a "Family Share Plan" for your internet and get 2-5 cards that can be plugged in to various devices simultaneously.

Doesn't this make some sense rather than paying $50 for your DSL or Cable, plus another $50 for your wireless internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Not with the top down, I hope!
    Nope

Timbuk2 CommuteXL
    "It" is a laptop I presume ? Nevermind ... scrolled back and see ya mention it tehre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast