Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just downloaded the public beta of Office 2007 and when I try to hotsync my Treo (with Outlook) it freezes on Documents To Go. I'm assuming it has to do with the newer version of Outlook. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work??
  2.    #2  
    I actually just noticed that in the Hotsync log says "The currently installed Outlook version is not supported. Outlook 98, 2000, and XP(2002) are supported." It does not sync any info from Outlook to the Treo. How in the world can Microsoft release a version of Outlook that will not be able to sync with the Palm OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    .... How in the world can Microsoft release a version of Outlook that will not be able to sync with the Palm OS?
    How in the world can Palm figure that they dont need to support MS products??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Well... Beta software still has some development work left to complete, so it could be that either

1-M$ is still working on it

2-The hotsync software developers are looking into Outlook 2007 and how they can get Palm devices to properly sync their data

I would guess that the real answer is 2. M$ has no vested interest in making their software work seamlessly with another OS, no matter how popular the device(s). I would bet that the 700W syncs flawlessly with Outlook 2007, which makes sense, since they are the ones who developed the WM platform.
  5.    #5  
    Yea I just called Palm and the representative said she will submit the problem to third level engineering (whatever that means) and they will begin work on a way to make it work. However she did tell me she can give me no guarantee or timetable that a solution would become available.
    Chappura Pocketmirror works with Outlook 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LongKesh
    Chappura Pocketmirror works with Outlook 2007
    Paid version, however. I believe the OP was looking for support from the bundled version.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch
    Paid version, however. I believe the OP was looking for support from the bundled version.
    Seems to me, if you can afford the phone, you can afford the software
  9.    #9  
    I dont understand what PocketMirror actually does. Can someone explaing it to me before I buy it. Thanks.
    I dont understand what PocketMirror actually does. Can someone explaing it to me before I buy it. Thanks.
    Chapura specializes in Outlook synchronization software for Palm OS and Windows Mobile / Pocket PC handhelds & smartphones

PocketMirror
  11.    #11  
    I know that but what is the difference between using PocketMirror and just HotSyncing the normal way with the cable??
    You cant sync to Outlook without Pocket Mirror. You'll just be syncing to Palm Desktop
    I know that but what is the difference between using PocketMirror and just HotSyncing the normal way with the cable??
    PocketMirror provides the communication channels required to get two different operating systems (POS & MS) to share the Outlook files (notes, contacts, calendar, etc.). Consider the Chapura conduits as a kind of "translator" between POS and MS (even though the bulk of the content is text...)

The bundled version provides a more limited set of synchronizing options, while the more expensive versions provide multi-level folder support, so your Palm device will more closely reflect your Outlook folder structures (or be a perfect reflection of what's on your PC, depending on the version you purchase).

The bottom line is that without the Chapura conduits, you can't sync your Palm OS device with Outlook. (At least, not without spending money on a different conduit application.)
    PocketMirror provides the communication channels required to get two different operating systems (POS & MS) to share the Outlook files (notes, contacts, calendar, etc.). Consider the Chapura conduits as a kind of "translator" between POS and MS (even though the bulk of the content is text...)

The bundled version provides a more limited set of synchronizing options, while the more expensive versions provide multi-level folder support, so your Palm device will more closely reflect your Outlook folder structures (or be a perfect reflection of what's on your PC, depending on the version you purchase).

The bottom line is that without the Chapura conduits, you can't sync your Palm OS device with Outlook. (At least, not without spending money on a different conduit application.)
    Yeah, what he just said ^
    Umm, I've got the generic Palm CD-issued conduits installed and it sends stuff from Outlook on my desktop to my Treo 650. When I installed the software on my PC it asked whether I wanted to sync to the Palm Desktop or Outlook.

The sync is less than optimal, I might add, but it does work.

I am tempted however to actually pay for the Chapura conduits in order to get better results on my Treo.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 05/24/2006 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Typo. Couldn't spell "issued"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Umm, I've got the generic Palm CD-issued conduits installed and it sends stuff from Outlook on my desktop to my Treo 650. When I installed the software on my PC it asked whether I wanted to sync to the Palm Desktop or Outlook.

The sync is less than optimal, I might add, but it does work.

I am tempted however to actually pay for the Chapura conduits in order to get better results on my Treo.
    I would assume, then, that you selected the "Sync to Outlook" option, which, IIRC, installs the conduits before synchronizing (or activates them if they are already installed). If, during your sync, a dialog box appears showing progress bars for Contacts, Calendar, and Notes, that is the visual cue that the "basic" Chapura conduits are installed.

If you chose "Sync to Palm Desktop" and are still synching things up with Outlook, that's pretty neat and I have no idea how you are managing that feat.
  17.    #17  
    Can they please make Outlook 2007 compatible with the Treo!?!?!? The new version is really cool and I want to use it!!!!!!!
    Can they please make Outlook 2007 compatible with the Treo!?!?!? The new version is really cool and I want to use it!!!!!!!
    LongKesh said that Chapura Pocket Mirror works with Outlook 2007. Since Outlook 2007 is still beta software, you'll have to pay to play, because I doubt that the Palm developers are falling all over themselves to be compatible with software that is still subject to change.
    LongKesh said that Chapura Pocket Mirror works with Outlook 2007. Since Outlook 2007 is still beta software, you'll have to pay to play, because I doubt that the Palm developers are falling all over themselves to be compatible with software that is still subject to change.
    But I think he's wrong. I use Chapura Pocket Mirror XT, and it won't sync with Outlook 2007 beta. I got the same error message:

Outlook Notes
    The currently installed Outlook version is not supported. Outlook 98, 2000, and XP(2002) are supported.
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Notes with 1 message(s)

Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    I use Chapura Pocketmirror Standard. Works fine. From your errorlog, it doesnt' look like you are syncin' with Chapura at all. Also check this link:

http://www.chapura.com/pms_palmsupport.php

* Transfer Global Address List to
    handheld
    * Change Outlook default folder
    * Calendar Alarms & Reminders
    * Conflict Resolution
    * Sync any 1 of the 3 Outlook Contact addresses
    * Microsoft Outlook 2007 ready
    * and more
    Last edited by LongKesh; 05/28/2006 at 02:14 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast