1.    #1  
    At least according to Mark Kellner of the Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/funct...2-101447-7311r
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Well the Q is only 199.
    Great job Palm. Your mission is complete. Enjoy your retirement.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Well the Q is only 199.
    and according to a post on howardforums, the treo on verizon will be $300 with a two year contract.

which one does more?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I wonder if he got a complementary service contract too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    and according to a post on howardforums, the treo on verizon will be $300 with a two year contract.

which one does more?
    A little bit about the Q

Looks like its not the greatest smartphone ever...

You can't edit Office files? on a Windows phone? hmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe

which one does more?
    lol...

Well ACCORDING TO VERIZON, it'll be $399, not $299. If you're don't get a new contract, the Q is $300... still affordable to most... If you don't get a new contract, the 700p is $650... not exactly affordable to most people...

Note: I'm not a Q fanboy nor do I think it's a superior device than the 700p, but I'd just like to point out how Motorola's competetitive pricing and RAZR like thinness will be enough to get it decent sales.
    If you do not have a touch sensitive screen, then you have another Blackberry, which may look pretty, but, it's not a Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    If you do not have a touch sensitive screen, then you have another Blackberry, which may look pretty, but, it's not a Palm.
    Amen to that
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    from the article, "One final note. For those with Cingular and T-Mobile service, Motorola said it would have trials for a GSM version by the end of the year."

Trials - not shipping....

For all I heard about the Q, it is on the same release schedule as Blackberry Connect for Palm (at least we have that now - and workign very well by the way).
    He does has a point. Palm and Motorola pretty much kill off Sony and Nokia's chances in NA. Not to mention there is no GSM 3G service yet.

Samsung still has a shot if it wants to try harder. LOL at the HP phones.
    Not quite. Verizon scuttled the GSM version of the Q. This does not mean the device isnt being actively developed internally. I suspect the GSM Q (which was announced before the CDMA Q in fact) will be ready to roll a whole lot sooner than people think, but of course after verizon's exclusive peiord expires.

Surur