Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You used it in anger?

Why were you angry at your wife?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    You used it in anger?

Why were you angry at your wife?
    From the lack of a smilie I assume you are being serious. To "use in anger" means to have to do something in a real life situation with real consequences, e.g. the difference between playing around with something and using it for serious work in real life.

It looks like you are not the only one who haven't come across this phrase before.

http://www.freelists.org/archives/au.../msg00144.html

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    When Verizon released the 700w, they had completed the EVDO rollout in 60 MMA's (major markey areas). Cingular had completed 20 at that time (CES show in las vegas) and had 51 by March 1st. All carriers are claiming coverage in all MMA's by year end.....not that I put much faith in "claims" as they are routinely distorted with coverage apparently deing defined as "we have at least 1 tower up". But in any case, when the enxt GSM Treo is released CNG will have more MMAs covered than verizon did when the 700w launched. AT the 12-15 MMA's rate they were doing earlier in the year, they should have 171 - 201 MMA's by Nov 1st.
    Where do you get the information on the current MMAs served by each carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by talkitron
    Where do you get the information on the current MMAs served by each carrier?
    The January information came out of CES in Vegas and was carried by most of the major tech sites. Each of the articles usually leads with "Although [insert carrier name here] claims coverage in xx areas, most of those are only partial coverage such as '"at the airport".....

The March 1st info was just a hit I had gotten when searching to see any hints at whether Palm would be offering HSDPA 1.8 or 3.6 on the next Treo. I have tried Yahooing to find them again but it generally brings you to a headline page that the article has scrolled off of. Googling just brings up too many useless hits; Yahoo generally better....however ya gotta skip past the first few pages of hits to get past the promo sites and carrier sites.

I kinda been expecting PC Rag to do an update to this article:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1771797,00.asp

but my guess is they gonna wait until HSDPA phones are released here in US of A. Until they or someone else does an independent review, best data I'm willing to put faith in is the January CES stuff.

As for my local coverage, the store I buy my wireless stuff from is in a EVDO coverage map area .... the store is dropping Sprint phones /plans as of end of month cause it makes it difficult to sell when ya can't get a signal at your location. He has 3 or 4 other stores within driving distance where they sell Sprint tho, but they are not in Sprint's mapped EVDO areas.
    I never heard the word "anger" used that way... I wonder if it is used to describe doing something for your work because so many business people under deadlines are angry? The use of the term doesn't seem intuitive to me. I have heard people describe "going live" with a website or other program, when it is officially public and active. That seems to make sense. Lots of times terms are used that confuse where they are meant to explain. Thanks for the lesson.

I assumed it was a typo and I was joshing/joking with you Surur, per the context of your post mentioning anger & your wife.

I got a mental picture of you yelling at your beloved to fax that invoice pronto!

I'm glad the word had another meaning, and that evidently all is wonderful in your household. Sorry- I don't use smileys much. I assumed also that my post would be understood in jest.

I do hope you GSM'ers get something nice from Uncle Ed C.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    What's next? Two GSM phones. Does it matter what's on them?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    Good day all,

Last year there were a number of mentions of four products coming out from Palm with in a year or so.

1. Palm 700W
    2. Palm 700P

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA, WHAT THE OTHER TWO PRODUCTS WILL BE AND WHEN THEY WILL BE COMING OUT????

THANKS AND TAKE CARE, JAY
    That's All Folks! This is it, the last Palm. It just can't get any better that this, can it?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I'm glad he clarified the term as well

Never heard it used before...but now I know... don't think I'll ever be using it though as it seems to conjure up negative connotations..
    there is the 700i and Cingular's phone...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    What's next? Two GSM phones. Does it matter what's on them?

Resist
    Against
    Gates
    Everyone

It's NOT futile!!!

Or maybe it is?
    NOPE! PALM'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIVE!!!
    DOOM
    You should add this picture to your signature:

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/images...olin_clive.jpg

A REAL handheld
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Palm store in Charlotte, NC airport. Asked a Palm store employee on the way in, and a different employee on the way out, and they both gave the same answer: Cingular 700p will be out in a couple months. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedigolf
    Palm store in Charlotte, NC airport. Asked a Palm store employee on the way in, and a different employee on the way out, and they both gave the same answer: Cingular 700p will be out in a couple months. Hope this helps.
    If it's a 700P like its Verizon and Sprint siblings...

YAWN
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12