Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I saw a product in the treostore here that was a back cover with a hole drilled in it for easy resetting of your device.

Are these devices really so bad that you'd need to buy an aftermarket cover to save time from all of the resets?? If so, why do consumers stand for it? Why all of the resets?
    There aren't that many resets really
    Anyway, Smart phones are complex (meaning it has more things than normal phones), the more things there are in, the higher percentage of things going wrong.
    Compare that with the 10 year old Nokia 2110 (which had call & SMS features only) that phone was solid as a rock (and weighed like one too).
    Anyhow, compare resetting Palms against Windows based devices. I used to have an imate JAM and I used to hard reset almost daily.
    (I guess it was correctly named after all!
    With the latest update, I think I would very rarely have to reset if it weren't for Profiles, which locks me up about once a week.

I never have to hard reset, although I keep backups at work, at home, and on my SD card.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    The need for resets have gone down over the year, with the newer ROM's and updated softwares
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    There aren't that many resets really
    Anyway, Smart phones are complex (meaning it has more things than normal phones), the more things there are in, the higher percentage of things going wrong.
    Compare that with the 10 year old Nokia 2110 (which had call & SMS features only) that phone was solid as a rock (and weighed like one too).
    Anyhow, compare resetting Palms against Windows based devices. I used to have an imate JAM and I used to hard reset almost daily.
    (I guess it was correctly named after all!
    You had to hard reset daily?!

To the OP - yes, you will want to have the convenience of resetting easily. It depends how you run your treo - if you keep it clean and don't load too many unnecessary third-party apps, you should keep the resets pretty low. I have switched over to a Cingular 8125 (similar to JAM) and I have MUCH less resets than the Treo. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the wm device.