Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    But it's how the applications themselves function that really make the POS shine. I still think WM5 applications are cumbersome and usually REQUIRE a stylus to make them 100% operable...so simply being able to launch a program easily isn't the point.
    Indeed. NetFront was the best slow mobile browser on the market. Yet we've heard that Blazer (which is based on NF) is fast.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    To each their own haggar...I used the key mapping and loved it when I had the treo...that is nice and I'm glad it works for you. The OP needs to see what works for them. For my productivity needs, having the multi-tasking is much nicer - being able to jump from my emails to my open spreadsheets I'm working on to any PDF docs to the webpage that I was last on in no time is much nicer for me. A nice spacious keyboard on my 8125 helps greatly for typing fast. Stylus use is very, very little (as much as the treo) if you customize properly. I've mis-placed my stylus before and haven't even realized for days that it was gone.

Keep in mind jumping all over the 700P when it first comes out may have some drawbacks. The first releases of the 650 and 600 had some stability issues. They were all pretty much resolved with ROM updates and the 600 and 650 are pretty solid devices now. I was impressed with the 8125 and how stable it is. No reset problems. Nothing like a productivity killer when your device resets.
    Does WM5 finally allow you to view/edit native Word/Excel documents? The lack of this has always puzzled me as Microsoft created both the desktop and mobile versions.

I've owned an iPaq 2215 for 2+ years and have been investigating converged devices for almost a year. After extensive research of devices, applications, forums and user experiences, including brief hands-on usage of a 650 and a 6700, I am prepared to get a 700p (waited 5 months for 650 successor). WinMo is nice, but I think the 700p has all that I need, not want (WiFi, ALPS, rel A).
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehcruzan
    Does WM5 finally allow you to view/edit native Word/Excel documents? The lack of this has always puzzled me as Microsoft created both the desktop and mobile versions.

I've owned an iPaq 2215 for 2+ years and have been investigating converged devices for almost a year. After extensive research of devices, applications, forums and user experiences, including brief hands-on usage of a 650 and a 6700, I am prepared to get a 700p (waited 5 months for 650 successor). WinMo is nice, but I think the 700p has all that I need, not want (WiFi, ALPS, rel A).
    If I'm remembering correctly...WM still converts Word & Excel docs to a "pocket" version....

I'm pretty sure that Documents to Go allows you to edit the native files. I've loaded about 2 dozen excel spreadsheets on my 650 and then copied them from the SD card to another computer with no loss in formatting of the original file (something that always pissed me off with regard to WM)
    Quote Originally Posted by ehcruzan

Yes, WM5 (as in the Treo 700w) allows you to view and edit native files, and retain most formatting.

Surur
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Yes, WM5 (as in the Treo 700w) allows you to view and edit native files, and retain most formatting.

Surur
    Note: "most" formatting.
    I think your choice of platform really depends on you level of comfort/familiarity as well as application investment. I'm used to the PalmOs and have invested a ton of money into apps, so staying put. However I do use my Axim x50v for a variety of things like streaming video, skype etc that are not possible on the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12