Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You know...the single most interesting feature I would LOVE to have on a future Treo is not wifi, but DUAL MODE wireless! Specifically a Treo that had both the CMDA and GSM/UMTS radio so I could use Sprint in the USA and then pop in a sim card for when I travel overseas. That would be absolutely awesome! However I understand the difficulities of this. Palm would have to design a Treo with two different telephony stacks which would be tricky...but you can dream right?
    The only reason I'd want Wi-Fi on an EVDO device is for use during international travel.

However, I thought CDMA and GSM were on a collision course five or so years down the road... That would make this a moot point (five or so years down the road)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I kinda want XM Radio on my next handheld. And a nice couple of gig storage.

And, just because I can't help myself, I want WiFi because I want to jump on my home and work networks..which I will not be able to do via connecting via EVDO. I could envision never using the data plan...which is why I have not pulled the trigger on buying a new device just yet.
  3.    #23  
    I don't think I could go without a data plan, but WiFi access sure lightens the load at work and the house (not to mention the numerous WiFi enabled hotels.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou DiMaggio
    Why is it that MP3 players which are quite small can offer devices with 60 gig hard drives but nobody makes a smart phone with a sizable internal hard drive?
    Good point!

Let's get a hard drive in there too - maybe a tiny, perpendicular one.
  5. AKC
    ditto to everyone elses comments with one addition a factory in box belt clip. similar to the one procided with blackberries. I hate having to get a third party holster everytime I get a new treo.
    FYI: Samsung showed their new 640 x 480 resolution 1.98-inch LCD panel.

Here is a link at engadget about it:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/07/s...h-vga-display/

This would help with keeping the size of the SuperTreo reasonable.
    What about a flipper with HVGA? I'll even take FrankyG on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    Not Bad
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    FYI: Samsung showed their new 640 x 480 resolution 1.98-inch LCD panel.

Here is a link at engadget about it:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/07/s...h-vga-display/

This would help with keeping the size of the SuperTreo reasonable.
    A little more at http://www.samsung.com/PressCenter/P...607_0000261768 BTW.

Though it is nice, it doesn't seem to be touch sensitive - or can that be added afterwards?
    Here's my mock-up.

http://surur.sytes.net/mock2.jpg

It gives you a rectangular VGA screen, exposed keyboard, UMTS/HSDPA, wifi, and GPS and plenty of programmable keys. Of course it will have 128 MB of real ram and 4 GB of flash storage for maps and media. It will of course have a reasonably good 2 megapixel camera with macro mode with OCR for business cards and a front-facing VGA camera for video conferencing.

Before people go on about the paddle-like design again, at 122 mm its 10 mm shorter than the Treo 700 with antenna, and only 10mm longer than the treo minus antenna (God, is the Treo antenna really nearly an inch long?) and look at all it given in return. At 20mm its also 3 mm thinner than the Treo 700 series.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Okay sports fans, time to light the pilot on creativity and give us your uber Treo model for the remainder of the decade. No criticism of why someone chooses a feature (unless its not technically feasible, like the yoyos in the past looking for a fusion powered Treo 1000). Based upon today's tech, here's what I want:

1. 25% thinner, narrower, and lighter than the 700p.

That's a tall order ...

I'd settle for a BT that works with a headset...
    ... while they're at it, add a dedicated side button-launched voice recorder.

Please?

That's what am talking about right there! I would die for a flip Treo.
    My better Treo wouldn't even really be a new Treo, it would just be a slightly upgraded 700p.

1. WiFi
    2. BT 2.0 (and it would actually work well) with voice dialing support and A2DP
    3. Green button would replace phone button
    4. 2 Megapixel camera with flash and good picture quality
    5. Standard mini USB connector
    6. Some kind of new, preferably open source OS (ALP or whatever new WM is out)
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Looks like a BenQ-Siemens P51 to me. Will be released in Europe soon. Check it out here
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I love that flip-treo! Just the drawing made me drool. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's a McTreo!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    How about adding voice recognition software so you can dictate word docs and email?
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr
    They look cool, but possibly increase size and mass. I am starting to like the Q more and more, even though the width makes up for the thickness. If the Treo could be as thin as the Q but stay the same form without getting wider...what a wet dream.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    They look cool, but possibly increase size and mass. I am starting to like the Q more and more, even though the width makes up for the thickness. If the Treo could be as thin as the Q but stay the same form without getting wider...what a wet dream.
    I'm going in the exact opposite direction. The more I think about it the more I realize a device that is a little bigger would be so much more useful as a cell phone - PDA - notebook PC replacement. We just need a slightly bigger keyboard & screen at higher resolution.
    That would be the best!!! Its unreal that the market has been screaming for a clamshell pda phone and nothing has come out. Years ago we had the Kyocera 7135 (slow processor low resolution), the samsung I-500 (no external memory). A few clamshells have come out over seas and users are getting by with spotty GSM coverage in the US picking up 1 band.

All us clamshell pda lovers have been hanging on while non-PDA clamshell phones fly off the shelves 3X faster than bar phones.......

Why is no one filling this niche?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast