View Poll Results: Do you believe Palm is failing to provide consumers want they want and need?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

75 52.45%
  • No

68 47.55%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I thought you were tired of this debate.

The debate changed from "you guys who are upset about wi-fi suck" to something more interesting. I chimed in.

Of course, if you really want me to, I'll tell you how stupid you are for thinking its stupid that palm didn't include stupid wi-fi because the stupid mass market is too stupid to realize they want it. But I think that debate would be stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    The debate changed from "you guys who are upset about wi-fi suck" to something more interesting. I chimed in.

Of course, if you really want me to, I'll tell you how stupid you are for thinking its stupid that palm didn't include stupid wi-fi because the stupid mass market is too stupid to realize they want it. But I think that debate would be stupid...

University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Again, Dad's old, safe, secure Bonneville Brougham versus a hot handling Lexus or BMW.
    I have an M3..does that count as a hot handling car Yes its a compromise (I would much rather have a lambo) but hey it still gets me chicks ..not really the type of women I want to spend the rest of my life with (or even more than one evening most of the time)...but keeps me busy enough until I find that one.
    Yes the BB is good at one thing, but the Treo is good at a dozen things.
    But isnt it ALWAYS said that single function devices are usually much better at doing the thing it was built to do much better than multifunction devices? Kinda like the IPOD is said to be a great music player... sure you can do similar things with a treo but when you compare the two against that single function the single function device is always better...or at least thats what i've heard....I always have the multifunction devices
    Does Joanne Realtor excited about her e-mails pushed to her every 60 seconds or is she more thrilled by all the custom realtor apps, GPS to site, i-pod like music library and room snapshots / movies she can show her clients and get her e-mail after 65 seconds
    Sure.. great in that example but imagine deploying 20,000 devices with no out of the box management and security features....Image the potential liability of losing a percentage of those devices....and the regulatory penalties associated with that....now imagine the support requirements(know goodguy will argue the support issue but comon.. BB's are EASY to use...much more so than PalmOS?)...and yes you can have third party solutions but you are potentially are adding additional complications.

...but I can argue both sides of this so I know where your comin from tonight I feel like being a devil advocate

Lets just give them BB's a little credit.... there is a reason why they are by far the market leaders....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
    Besides Sony Ericsson's P900 Treo killer I've found another competitor that is releasing a product packed with current technology. Fujitsu Siemens is releasing their product called "LOOX T830" which is a Tri-band, supports 3GSM, WiFi, Bluetooth, integrated GPS, 2 MP camera on the back and a camera on the front for video conferencing, etc. See more information on the device here http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/campaigns/pocket_loox_t/ Why is Palm so reluctant to release products like this? After all most intelligent consumers once realizing the company they put their faith in to provide innovative products isn't doing so those same consumers tend to put their faith and money into competitors that can. Meeting consumer demand isn't just about how many products you can manufacture but also meeting consumer needs by providing up to date technology and features both for business and personal use.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Oh. My. Gawd. The LOOX series is impressive. Just saw the PDF data sheet and flash demo.
    http://vilpublic.fujitsu-siemens.com...ket_loox_t.pdf
    To think I was gonna keep my current Sprint T650 for another year until Palm revised its OS (wishful thinking), among other things.

I wonder how much this baby costs and what wireless carriers it will work with. (In time, I might turn to the dark side after all!) I also wonder where you can demo this baby in person. Since the LOOX series has Wi-Fi, I wonder if Sprint will bite the bullet and release it. The only thing "funny" about the unit: the SD card slot is on the side. Also wondering if the LOOX series has an easy way to switch from ringtone to vibrate, like the Treo.
    I just read in one of those tech pubs that the LOOX series is currently unavailabe in the USA. Why is that not surprising?! Anybody here have different news?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I just read in one of those tech pubs that the LOOX series is currently unavailabe in the USA. Why is that not surprising?! Anybody here have different news?
    Supposed to available in July from mobileplanet.com.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    seems to me that palm's success has been simply riding the wave caused by handspring's innovation. its time they started some significant innovation themselves. I am looking forward to seeing what apple can do with a cell phone.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Supposed to available in July from mobileplanet.com.
    Which carrier(s) support the device? Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Less or different ?

Does this HP model offer 320 x 320 min touch screen, 3G no slide out keyboard, edits office docs, complete one handed useability ?
    You are forgetting, in my example its the Treo 650 which is the same price. The 3G Treo's haven't made it to Europe yet. When they do, they will likely be WM devices, with 240x240 screens, and offer the same exposed keyboard as the HP 6915, and offer the same office editing features, maybe slightly improved one-handed usability (due to Palm tweaks), 3G, but likely no WIFI and no GPS.

And it will still be the same price. And it wont sell well.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I am looking forward to seeing what apple can do with a cell phone.
    [A snickers bar appears on the screen] "Not going anywhere for awhile."
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Let me add to this firey debate:

Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    That's claire for ya...always having to take things to the gutter. Shame on you. Shame...
    That's claire for ya...always having to take things to the gutter. Shame on you. Shame...
    ohhh...puleze
    She is quite the potty mouth.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast