View Poll Results: Do you believe Palm is failing to provide consumers want they want and need?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

75 52.45%
  • No

68 47.55%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    They are failing in innovation, that's for sure! But also in some basics such as memory and built-in wifi. Also their BT versions are older. Older technology at new prices = not good.
    You'd never know that by reading most of the posts around here.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You'd never know that by reading most of the posts around here.
    I'd say HALF the posts are people praising the 700P. Half the posts are complaining about the lack of features. And the other half of the posts are people complaining about people complaining about the lack of features. I'm not sure where the other 12% fit in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'm not sure where the other 12% fit in...
    They're looking for the best burrito.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'd say HALF the posts are people praising the 700P. Half the posts are complaining about the lack of features. And the other half of the posts are people complaining about people complaining about the lack of features. I'm not sure where the other 12% fit in...
    That's 3 halves
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    Does the 700w have wi-fi?
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    That's 3 halves
    Plus 12%
    Quote Originally Posted by jegs2
    Does the 700w have wi-fi?
    Not built in. But can take a card.

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Not built in. But can take a card.
    Does it have Windows XP on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    If 700p is not a good PDA phone, somebody else would be making and releasing a better now. You know.
    Me Tarzan, you Jane.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Of course given Jack's post over in the software thread...I suppose of them are also keeping track of their ex-lovers and mistresses, too...but that's a different story all together.
    You haven't seen the "Roach" program I added to that thread ... think of the use for exterminators .... "Hey Lady, you'rere infested .... one just ran across my phone !"

I looking for a program 4 u that will send you an SMS at a spec'd time after you write it:

Dear Haggar-man:

"I have a coupe waiting here in the office who is willing to pay $20k over listed price for the property you are currently showing"

....you time it to arrive about 5 minutes before you're done showing the property to a client ... of course 2 minutes before that you let the prospective buyer play with ya Treo and then tell him what the blue snowflake is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    That's 3 halves
    Plus 12%
    LOL
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    How about the "my cell phone's been broken for over 2 months and i desperately need to buy this 700p" crowd
    I can't envision that happening tho I am sure peeps get stuck this way. Reason for the lack of foresight being, I keep all my phones for two years so always a new "out of contract" buyer and with AMEX, I get a 2 year warranty.
    Um...Jack? Look around. You've just described EVERYONE in this freaking forum!!
    There's a 12 step program for that
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I can't envision that happening tho I am sure peeps get stuck this way. Reason for the lack of foresight being, I keep all my phones for two years so always a new "out of contract" buyer and with AMEX, I get a 2 year warranty.
    lol, i was referring to myself
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    They're looking for the best burrito.
    I already found it. You can do a search in the OT forums...
    someone want to explain to me why 24 pages come up when you type in best burrito in the search menu
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    someone want to explain to me why 24 pages come up when you type in best burrito in the search menu
    Because the mods already deleted the other 18 pages of results...
    Because the mods already deleted the other 18 pages of results...
    what they dont like it or what???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    what they dont like it or what???
    I'd hate to think they had a grudge against the burrito, but you never know... I noticed that all the posts about pizza and pasta are still in place...they may be ethnocentric.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast