1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to get PalmOS Garnet v5.4.9 installed on a Treo 650? Since there's little improvement over PalmOS Garnet v5.4.8 it would make sense to update the OS instead of paying $400.00+ on a minor upgrade.
    Godo question... First of all it seems like the rom is alot bigger on the 700p than the 650 due to all the bundled apps. Also, Palm seems to be using NOR flash for XIP on the 700p, and I'm not sure how that would transfer to the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Godo question... First of all it seems like the rom is alot bigger on the 700p than the 650 due to all the bundled apps. Also, Palm seems to be using NOR flash for XIP on the 700p, and I'm not sure how that would transfer to the 650...
    yeah but you could custom the bundled apps out of the rom.
    I am waiting to see if this is can be done before I think about buying the 700
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    great question.. I would definitely do a custom rom install of 5.4.9 on my 650 if at all possible.

I'd really like to upgrade to the new blazer as well, since it is faster and handles caching more efficiently.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Maybe Sprint and Palm will release yet another Treo 650 updater with Palm OS 5.4.9 and other fun enhancements? I sure hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    great question.. I would definitely do a custom rom install of 5.4.9 on my 650 if at all possible.

I'd really like to upgrade to the new blazer as well, since it is faster and handles caching more efficiently.
    Keep in mind the improved features (caching esp) may be dependent on the new improved dbcache size. These features would most likely not function on the 650 due to its limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Maybe Sprint and Palm will release yet another Treo 650 updater with Palm OS 5.4.9 and other fun enhancements? I sure hope so!
    Maybe monkeys will...