Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Oh,
    he just had to mention the Samsung i550 debacle.
    Such a sad, painful tale. Such expectations. Such disappointment.

Now, I'm depressed.
    Sincerely - my apologies.

The best smartphone never to see the light of day (US). In fact, last February, while waiting in the airport for a plane change, a young man WOWED the crowd when they saw him playing Bejeweled on his SAMSUNG i500! They couldn't believe such a tiny phone existed that had Sprint PCS and a Palm organizer; and were shocked it was discontinued TWO YEARS AGO.

That puppy (the i550) would still be high tech to Palm if it were a release in Palm's current lineup. Maybe Ed could swing a deal and get the rest of the inventory off of Samsung before it goes to Mexico.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Oh well. Yea, the i5 crowd is upset now because the refurbs are running out or gone. Wonder if we'll ever see another small flip-factor ubersmartphone?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I love the palm os....as base as it is, it provides everything i need. I would buy another frankengarnet device if it would be 3G GSM and have built in wifi. But it looks like I'm going to jump ship and ebay myself a nokia E61 even though it has no camera.
    Last edited by ILLINI_treo; 05/19/2006 at 12:37 PM.
    Oh well. Yea, the i5 crowd is upset now because the refurbs are running out or gone. Wonder if we'll ever see another small flip-factor ubersmartphone?
    That new HTC Star Trek looks promising, but I am a REAL BELIEVER in a touch screen, regardles of OS. That's why. although I liked the 2125 for its size and quality, the lack of a touchscreen in the smartphone modes of WM5 drove me to the 8125.

BTW - as "retro" as the i500 is, I'd jump on it in a minute, low res screen and all, if it just had an SD slot for storage - I just couldn't live within 16mb anymore, even on POS 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss

BTW - as "retro" as the i500 is, I'd jump on it in a minute, low res screen and all, if it just had an SD slot for storage - I just couldn't live within 16mb anymore, even on POS 4.

Isn't that the truth. Even with the 650's limited memory, with Z-Launcher and a 4 gig card ( now with 2.8 Gigs of junk on it), I have not yet satiated my endless appetite for memory (or was it mammary?-- ) No going back to 16mgs of memory either!

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Can't argue with your insatiable appetite. I've found the 1mb mini-SD (puke) in my Cingular 8125 to be too confining myself, but I enjoy the 8125 anyway. Come on Ed, bring us the thinner, narrower, lighter, HSDPA, WiFi, 4gb SD Card eating GSM Treo 800 we know you are capable of doing!
    Pardon my stroll down OT Nostalgia Lane, but this is the 10th anniversary of the StarTAC.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Oh man, it's been 10 years - that's kind of hard to swallow. BTW, love the new avatar!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123