1.    #1  
    When I got my Treo, a salesperson in the Verizon store set up the retrieval of my Voice Mail by programming it to work "automatically. That is, when I pressed and held the "1" key down the phone dialed "*86" and then, at the appropriate point, also dialed in my four digit code automatically which initiated the retrieval of the individual messages.

I had to do a hard reboot to fix that camera problem of mine, which is completely solved, and lost whatever code this Verizon employee used. Now I'm trying to figure out how to repair this feature. I've made a couple of telephone calls to Verizon Support but everyone there is an ***** for they tell me it can't be done... at least they don't know how to program the 650 to do that. I look at the provision to "add extra digits" and I think there must be a way -- first to create the proper delay, and then to type the digits. Has anyone an idea how to reprogram the "1" button?
    Last edited by Tucson Treo; 05/16/2006 at 09:42 PM.
    Can't you just hold it down? I've done a few hard resets on mine and it always has worked. I think you actually need a program to change it.

Are you in the phone application when you're dialing, or anywhere in the PDA? With Butler, you can be anywhere, other than that, you'll have to be in the phone app.
    I think you actually need a program to change it.
    That's true. You get to it by holding down 1. Thats the default. Anything other than that, and someone used a program to change the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanther
    That's true. You get to it by holding down 1. Thats the default. Anything other than that, and someone used a program to change the button.
    yup exactly what he said
  5.    #5  
    One must be able to enter a discrete four digit code, like 8912. The program must pause the proper amount of time, after dialing *86, before typing the four digits. That's the problem... the pause. You can actually enter "extra digits". But the book says that's for an extention number. You still have to incorporate the proper pause.
    Can't you use 2dial for all this?
    http://www.shsh.com/main_2dial.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Verizon has the Treo 650 set up for the default voice mail dial as press and hold "1". All you need to do is re-enter your 4 digit pin code as follows: In Phone application -
    menu > Edit Favorites Pages > Select "Voicemail" button > Select "More" (bottom of screen) > type in pin code (Extra Digits) and check box "Dial Extra Digits automatically"
    Hope this helps.
  8.    #8  
    Ah, you're correct except for one small detail. The PIN code which you type in for "extra digits" after selecting "More" plays out as soon as the phone call to *86 is picked up. But that's too soon for the recognition device to "hear" the digits. That means... there has to be some way to pause before sending the four digits. Wish to tell me how a "pause" can be added before the four digits play out?
    Type a comma for each second you want to pause.

So, *86,,,,,[pin number] would be a 5-second pause between the dialing of the last digit of 86 and the first digit of the pin.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder