Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://share.skype.com/sites/en/2006...dlines_an.html

OMG, this is freaking huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This totally makes EQO solution to receive skype calls on the Treo irrelavant!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Skype has free calls within the USA till the end of the year!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060515/..._skype_free_dc

Download:
    http://www.skype.com/download/skype/.../download.html

This is awesome!
  3.    #3  
    <merged>

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    http://share.skype.com/sites/en/2006...dlines_an.html

OMG, this is freaking huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This totally makes EQO solution to receive skype calls on the Treo irrelavant!
    From an email I received from Skype today.

Hello,

Calls to friends and family on Skype have always been free. Now we've made calls within the US and Canada to all phones totally free till the end of the year.

Starting from today it doesn't matter if it's a Skype-to-Skype call or a call to landline or mobile phone - it's free as long as you're calling from within the US or Canada to US or Canadian phone number.

http://download.skype.com/share/mail...5nafree/c1.gif http://download.skype.com/share/mail...5nafree/c3.gif http://download.skype.com/share/mail...e/makecall.pngMake a free call now

Calling with Skype is easy - select someone from your contact list, or dial a number and hit the green call button. This is how to make a call.

http://download.skype.com/share/mail...5nafree/c2.gif http://download.skype.com/share/mail...5nafree/c4.gif

You can still use Skype Credit to make international SkypeOut calls at incredibly cheap rates. Or use it to buy stuff from our store - like Skype Voicemail or even a cool ringtone to personalize your Skype.

http://download.skype.com/share/mail...ee/goodbye.gif

Terms of Service?
    In order to use this free product, you need to agree to the SkypeOut Terms of Service.

Need help?
    If you need help with Skype, please visit our Help section.

Forgotten your password?
    No worries, you can have a new password sent to your email address. Simply fill out this form.

Donít want to hear from us again?
    We donít want to send emails you donít want to receive, so remember that you can stop these emails.

Want to write to us?
    Got something to share with us? Please be aware that you canít reply to this email, because itís just a machine receiving them. Apologies for that, but we would really love to hear from you, so please go to skype.com/go/forum where you can leave us a comment.

Want to find out more?
    We have lots of interesting Skype stories - real-life documentaries of how people are using Skype to change the way they communicate.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.Ē
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I have had free voip for a long time now, but the more the better. Competition is a good thing after all.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Gotta start telling all my friends, family, and co-workers to get on the Skype-wagon so I can save some of my peak minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Gotta start telling all my friends, family, and co-workers to get on the Skype-wagon so I can save some of my peak minutes.
    Huh? Why would you have to tell them to get skype? I thought skype out means calling PHONES, not other skype users.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Huh? Why would you have to tell them to get skype? I thought skype out means calling PHONES, not other skype users.
    I suppose he would like them to call him over skype and therefore he wouldn't have to receive calls on his cell. Unlike other countries, we pay for receiving calls on our mobiles.
    So have we discovered a catch yet? Or is this trying to get people hooked on skype????
    They secretly record your conversations and then auction them off on Ebay. You heard it here first folks. :-)
    ...............? So no catch.....
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    sorry i havent visited the skype site more than twice, but how does it work?
    you download the app and...how do you get your phone #? is it free?
    fill me in, im exhausted trying to keep up with new tech and doing accounting, personal training, and computer tech.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    So have we discovered a catch yet? Or is this trying to get people hooked on skype????
    from the above copied email, this could be the catch:

"Calls to friends and family on Skype have always been free. Now we've made calls within the US and Canada to all phones totally free till the end of the year."

so they may take this back jan 1st.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Gotcha
    so this means no charges for (skype out) using EQO program when you call someone from your treo650??? If yes, COOOLLLLL
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    so this means no charges for (skype out) using EQO program when you call someone from your treo650??? If yes, COOOLLLLL
    You need SkyIn (which is like 50 a year?) and receive the call from your Skype PC, which means you pay for the incoming call. Besides the free incoming call plans, it's completely useless since receive call and make call cost the same on your cell phone.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    You need SkyIn (which is like 50 a year?) and receive the call from your Skype PC, which means you pay for the incoming call. Besides the free incoming call plans, it's completely useless since receive call and make call cost the same on your cell phone.

Well, if you have unlimited NW, then it works out pretty good!!

The only catch I can see is that free Skype OUT calls to USA and Canada are only free to those in USA, Canada. Thus, skypeout it not free to those calling from some where else in the world to the USA etc.

But like Ehsan stated, since SkypeOUT is free for USA users, suddenly apps liek EQO become more appealing...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well, if you have unlimited NW, then it works out pretty good!!

The only catch I can see is that free Skype OUT calls to USA and Canada are only free to those in USA, Canada. Thus, skypeout it not free to those calling from some where else in the world to the USA etc.

But like Ehsan stated, since SkypeOUT is free for USA users, suddenly apps liek EQO become more appealing...
    Exactly. Basically EQO make conference call (on one end from your computer to your cell phone and on other end whoever you call to, skype user or phone number). Now one end is covered since your cell phone is USA number and hence its free till the end of this year from skype. Other end is covered as well unless you are trying to call outside USA (which will be charged at skype out rates). USA numbers and skype contacts are free.
    So now both ends are covered. So if you have minutes in your plan (cell phone) to waste, you can call to canada (and USA) numbers for free. Also if you dont have free nationwide longdistance (like some tmobile local plans) you can download EQO software (need JVM) and enjoy calling anyone in USA for free.
    I would like to find a software with same concept as EQO is but with total data usage. It is weird to recieve call while you want to make a call
    Anyways, take care. I got to call someone in toronto.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Can anyone confirm that they have use it without paying? As far as I can see, you can't use SkypeOut until you add credits in your account, meaning, I have to pay in order to use it for free. Hmmm.

Never mind. I got it working. It didn't work for me when it first came out but now it does. Cool.
    Last edited by maceyr; 05/17/2006 at 10:17 AM.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The ONLY drawback is having to use SKYPE over the speakerphone. Does anybody know a way to use the regular phone (put up to your ear and talk) or to use a bluetooth earpiece? I Just don't like to broadcast to everyone within hearing distance, BUT THAT IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY for a great service. Surely there is a work-around this speakerphone though? Any suggestions?
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast