Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jesus you guys are jumping through the loops to save what, 10 bux a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormBo
    The ONLY drawback is having to use SKYPE over the speakerphone. Does anybody know a way to use the regular phone (put up to your ear and talk) or to use a bluetooth earpiece? I Just don't like to broadcast to everyone within hearing distance, BUT THAT IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY for a great service. Surely there is a work-around this speakerphone though? Any suggestions?
    I think we are on different treos. You might be talking about Treo700W and I am talking about treo650. Software for treo650 (called EQO) do not use data connection. It makes a conference call at your home to call you and the other person. So you can talk on speakerphone or bluetooth headset.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    lol. It seems like it but it is not 10 bucks for me.
    I call Canada to my girlfriend, as her company is doing project there. I talk to her atleast 3 days a week for hour or so. I dont want to isolate at home to call her on home phone. So to me it is worth more than 10 bucks as I can call her as many times i want and can talk to her as long i want without have to worry about charges and that I cant go outside my home .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Come on... we are techno leaders....we would spend a $100 to save $10..Besides its cool...... You can pick up a USB Skype "authorized" phone at Walmart one that looks like a cell went for $30 and one that looks like a business phone w/speaker for $40....
    -g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
  5.    #25  

More like a few hundred dollars!! Do you realize that you could get a SkypeIN account for ~$38/year and with free SkypeOUT to NA, that is ALL you would pay for unlimited local calls period? I am seriously thinking about using this as my main home phone number now. Heck this is even cheaper than Vonage/Lingo etc with their monthly $20+ rates. With only $38 (30 euros) you could completely replace you traditional landline or competing VoIP line (assuming of course you have a cable/dsl line). That's pretty damn cheap imo...however the only thing keeping me back is the fact that Skype has not committed to making SkypeOUT free permanant forever...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    That was the first thing i thought of ditch my phone line go cable and use skype, but knowing my luck it will be fine for a couple of months and then they will ramp the price back up, then you have to pay reconnection fees etc.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    More like a few hundred dollars!! Do you realize that you could get a SkypeIN account for ~$38/year and with free SkypeOUT to NA, that is ALL you would pay for unlimited local calls period? I am seriously thinking about using this as my main home phone number now. Heck this is even cheaper than Vonage/Lingo etc with their monthly $20+ rates. With only $38 (30 euros) you could completely replace you traditional landline or competing VoIP line (assuming of course you have a cable/dsl line). That's pretty damn cheap imo...however the only thing keeping me back is the fact that Skype has not committed to making SkypeOUT free permanant forever...
    Well you still have to pay incoming calls on your cellphone. I am not going to debate it anymore because it completely depend on your mobile plan.

Are you actually using it? I want to know how reliable is EQO. I understand you need to go through your PC for every call you make. I have no confidence in my ISP. If all you want is call a Canadian number for free, you can ALREADY DO IT INSIDE SKYPE. Just get an SkypeIN account and set call forwarding to the canadian number, so when you call your SkypeIn number from your cellphone, it will get forwarded to the international number.
  8.    #28  
    Well you still have to pay incoming calls on your cellphone. I am not going to debate it anymore because it completely depend on your mobile plan.
    I was actually referring to using it as a replacement for a landline. But using skypeout capability on the Treo for when you run out of AT minutes would be a cool option too...
    Are you actually using it? I want to know how reliable is EQO. I understand you need to go through your PC for every call you make. I have no confidence in my ISP. If all you want is call a Canadian number for free, you can ALREADY DO IT INSIDE SKYPE. Just get an SkypeIN account and set call forwarding to the canadian number, so when you call your SkypeIn number from your cellphone, it will get forwarded to the international number.

No, I haven't used EQO. Unfortunately it's not compatible with CDMA yet, so I can't test it out.

Also, that skypeout solution sounds good, but that would only work if you want to forward to one particular number right?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12