Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaudio
    There's lots of stuff that could be considered "compelling." Like more memory, better memory management, upgraded OS, better form factor (hopefully) and a better camera. I look forward to the GSM 700p.
    And just HOW is that compelling relative to the boatload of GSM jewels already out there (Wizard; Atom; Universal; I-Jam; etc.)?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Because it runs PalmOS. Because you can do so much more with this phone than a WM phone or a standard phone. Because you have to know your a$$ from a hole in the grould to use it and if you think a PalmOS phone isn't better than a standard or WM phone, then you most likely don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Originally from the Midwest and there is a Mexican food chain called Taco Johns. They use Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey in some of the funniest and most creative commercials I had ever seen.
    This may sound bizarre, but I met with one of the Taco John's founders last weekend in Denver/Cheyenne. While doing research before the meeting, I saw Whiplash for the first time and laughed my arse off. If you miss the commercials, you can Google them, they are funny.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Because it runs PalmOS. Because you can do so much more with this phone than a WM phone or a standard phone. Because you have to know your a$$ from a hole in the grould to use it and if you think a PalmOS phone isn't better than a standard or WM phone, then you most likely don't.
    Based on their history, don't look for Palm to put in anything different in the 700GSM "Like more memory, better memory management, upgraded OS, better form factor (hopefully) and a better camera". They will put in as little as possible because they know the Palm lemmings will fall over themselves for the smallest of upgrades from the 650. If you don't believe me, check out this crazy TC forum and search the 700P.
    TJ is based in Cheyenne...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    TJ is based in Cheyenne...
    I was there Saturday.
    Those items ARE part of the 700p.
    Those items ARE part of the 700p.
    P, not W. I believe Palm will do as little as possible and still sell a bunch of phones. I hope you're right, I would buy a "true" upgraded phone and wifi is a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I was there Saturday.
    Anyone who wants a good laugh needs to check those commercials out.
    So what can you do with a Treo that I can not do with my PPC-6700? Wifi? MP3 ringtones? Larger screen? Mini USB connection standard? Voice dialing that really works? Need I go on?
    If you were from Chicago, I could understand your attitude...I always thought Cleveland was a little more civil...so much for that mistake.

Because you have to know your a$$ from a hole in the grould to use it...

In fact, that is actually the case with a WM phone, not a Palm OS phone. The Palm phone has a much simpler interface - you actually have to be capable of thinking to use a WM5 device. You're highly rational response only serves to prove that you're a Palm Treo fanboy/girl, not an experienced user of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss

In fact, that is actually the case with a WM phone, not a Palm OS phone. The Palm phone has a much simpler interface - you actually have to be capable of thinking to use a WM5 device. You're highly rational response only serves to prove that you're a Palm Treo fanboy/girl, not an experienced user of smartphones.
    To try and turn this back into a more civil discussion ... Microsoft can really take a lesson from Palm on UI design for their handheld devices.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Fair enough driven01.

If you could bolt the "P" one-handedness on WM5, that would be great. "Blending" like the 700W just leaves you longing for a true "P" even more.
    Fair enough driven01.

If you could bolt the "P" one-handedness on WM5, that would be great. "Blending" like the 700W just leaves you longing for a true "P" even more.
    They'll get it in time. In about 3-4 years (Microsoft development cycle time) I can see myself really loving Windows Mobile 5.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    They'll get it in time. In about 3-4 years (Microsoft development cycle time) I can see myself really loving Windows Mobile 5.
    Give it two years tops for them to run down the Palm UI.
    Give it two years tops for them to run down the Palm UI.
    Any other software company and I'd say you were right. (And I actually hope you ARE right this time.) But ... the Windows CE / PocketPC / Windows Mobile UI hasn't changed significantly since it's 2002 iteration. That coupled with their glacial development curves on all other Msoft products and I tend to think 3-4 years (optimistically).

Heck ... If Palm didn't trip all over itself they wouldn't even HAVE a marketshare at this point.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234