Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OMFG! I've got a Palm "Monster" in my hands! Apparently Palm has been really good at keeping it a secret, but they already built the new Linux OS and it's in testing!! They also decided to drop the Treo name for the next-gen smartphones, as Treo sounds too European. I don't know yet what the new name will be. Palm will also be using a new form factor where the keyboard slides out from the bottom of the phone. The screen on this thing is HUGE!! Unfortunately there was an EMF explosion while I was out of town with the phone so all the digital devices within a 10 miles range were fried, meaning no camera. I'll try to find one in the next few days and post pictures!! OMG! This thing is so fast!!!!

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    OnceUponAn00b:

Ringgggggg...ringgggg...

"Mr. OnceUponAn00b, this is Ms. ######## at Sav-On; your prescriptions are ready. We are a little short on supply for your anti-psychotic, but we've substituted extra Prozac and Valium to tide you over until we get additional supplies on Monday."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    OMFG! I've got a Palm "Monster" in my hands!
    The monster is fuly described in the link in post 39 above .....yours sounds like yet a different model.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    OnceUponAn00b:

Ringgggggg...ringgggg...

"Mr. OnceUponAn00b, this is Ms. ######## at Sav-On; your prescriptions are ready. We are a little short on supply for your anti-psychotic, but we've substituted extra Prozac and Valium to tide you over until we get additional supplies on Monday."
    haha

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Only 540 days!!!

Can't wait that long. Are Silly days to start all over??
    The new treo 750 will of course be completely the same as the 650 n 700. it may come in different colors and people will be drooling over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms
    The new treo 750 will of course be completely the same as the 650 n 700. it may come in different colors and people will be drooling over it.
    Oh come on. That's such an exaggeration. Nobody would buy the same device just because it has-----oo, look at the pretty colors *wanders off*

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

silly season has begun for a gsm treo.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Oh come on. That's such an exaggeration. Nobody would buy the same device just because it has-----oo, look at the pretty colors *wanders off*
    If you truly believe that, go visit any High School or mall and look at all the girls carrying around pink phones or the huge aftermarket in different colored patterns and colored faceplates, stickers, and skins for a lot of the phones out there. Or go to any Radio Shack and look at the display of phones in the glass case. And it's not just phones. It's iPods (the "U2" model..) .. and even BlueTooth headsets like the Jabra BT160 which comes with THIRTY THREE different face plates.

Now who can see the faceplate when you're wearing the thing? Everyone BUT you. It makes as much sense as spending a grand on a set of wheels for your car that do nothing for its performance and you can't even see when you're IN the car. It's called "showing off."

You or I might not be the targeted sucke.. err.. customer for devices that come in pink or puke with polka dots or paisley, but believe me, that market is out there.

Me, I'm into utilitarian stuff. I want it made outta quality materials so it doesn't fall apart in my hand, work as intented, and keep working. Generally speaking I could give a rat's *** what color it is although I wish so many tiny devices and their cases weren't all black. They're a huge pain to find quickly if you want to reach into yer glovebox and grab something, or drop it on the floor in a dark room and have to go groping for it or whip out a flashlight to find it.

And don't even get me started on the number of different AC wall warts or car chargers that power a SINGLE device, and after you've accumulated a pile of each, trying to remember which one goes with which device is just nuts. In the case of those things, it WOULD make sense for them to come in different colors or at the very least the mfrs. could put freakin' stickers on them that say what device they're for instead of just "Made in China."

Then colors would serve an actual purpose instead of just a fashion thing for highly competitive teenagers which is the crowd all these pink and purple phones and faceplates are targeted to.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    haha
    Made ya look...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    It makes as much sense as spending a grand on a set of wheels for your car that do nothing for its performance and you can't even see when you're IN the car. It's called "showing off."
    Hey.....everyone I knew growing up had a $500 "set of "Cragar's" on their $400 cars with the "Bondo Camo" paint scheme
    ...And don't even get me started on the number of different AC wall warts or car chargers that power a SINGLE device, and after you've accumulated a pile of each, trying to remember which one goes with which device is just nuts. In the case of those things, it WOULD make sense for them to come in different colors or at the very least the mfrs. could put freakin' stickers on them that say what device they're for instead of just "Made in China."

Then colors would serve an actual purpose instead of just a fashion thing for highly competitive teenagers which is the crowd all these pink and purple phones and faceplates are targeted to. ...
    lol hmm... been there, done that.

I totally agree with you hrlaser!
    - Jeeman
    Generally speaking I could give a rat's *** what color it is although I wish so many tiny devices and their cases weren't all black. They're a huge pain to find quickly if you want to reach into yer glovebox and grab something, or drop it on the floor in a dark room and have to go groping for it or whip out a flashlight to find it.
    Pink's quite easy to find
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123