1.    #1  
    Looking for some help,

First, I am a new poster and have really enjoyed reading a lot of posts.

Second, I have done many searches and still can find help so I'm sorry if my question is a repeat.

The problem I am having is I can't get music onto my treo.
    I downloaded realplayer v10 onto my PC and then followed the instructions from the kb. website on how to get files hotsync to treo. What the instructions were say did not look the same to what I was seeing.

So all I need to know is how do I sync music to my 1Gig SD card so I can listern to them.

Is realplayer the way to go??
    Do I need to format the SD card even though pictures work fine on it?
    Would it just be easer to buy a card reader and save it that way?
    I also downloaded aeroplayer but it also wount sync and songs.

Thanks for the help in advance
    You need a card reader to move your mp3's to the card. Hotsyncing is just for the phone's main memory. I use either realplayer or ptunes to listen to music on the Treo. Card reader I believe is the only way to get music or anything for that matter onto the sd card. Realplayer or any other music player will most likely find all the songs by itself and then you're all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    Card reader I believe is the only way to get music or anything for that matter onto the sd card.
    No, you should be able to transfer using real player directly from your pc to the Treo. Using a card reader is quicker (and easier) but real player has a transfer function that uses the hotsync cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by redW&blue
    I downloaded realplayer v10 onto my PC and then followed the instructions from the kb. website on how to get files hotsync to treo. What the instructions were say did not look the same to what I was seeing.
    Not sure what kb. website you mean. Was this using the transfer function within Real Player?
    Quote Originally Posted by redW&blue
    Is realplayer the way to go??
    Do I need to format the SD card even though pictures work fine on it?
    Would it just be easer to buy a card reader and save it that way?
    I used Real Player for many months but finally tried Pocket Tunes and liked it better. Most people seem to. It will sync files with Windows Media Player. You shouldn't need to reformat the card. The MP3 files go into the AUDIO folder on the SD. A card reader is quicker and easier than syncing files. Another alternative is Card Export. This program basicly makes your Treo a USB card reader. I use it rather that poping the card in and out of the Treo.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 05/11/2006 at 09:55 AM.
    [QUOTE=jrfaris]No, you should be able to transfer using real player directly from your pc to the Treo. Using a card reader is quicker (and easier) but real player has a transfer function that uses the hotsync cable. QUOTE]

My mistake, didn't think that was possible! Nice.
  5.    #5  
    I have just bought a card reader and it worked great. The problem is when I went to the treo and opened realplayer and stated a song it rebooted the treo. I remember reading a post about changing some setting because of that but don't remember what to do.

Is the a common problem.
    did you put all your files into the "audio" folder on your memory card?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  7.    #7  
    Well I finally have it working, I ended up using pocket tunes. All the other programs are worthless.
    Real player and aeroplayer were both a waste of time as I could never get them working and could find no support for them.
    I wish I went with Ptunes first.