Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Since we now have some comparison photos of the 700p camera and the 650 camera (thanks to Pimpingee), which do you think takes better photos?

To me it seems like the colors are more vibrant on the 650 camera. And I think I noticed the same with the 700w camera v. the 650 camera. I have always found the camera on the 650 to be one of the best cell phone cameras around, especially for indoor photos.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I believe that the 700w that is currently out does have a mp cam so I would assume that it would be better than the 650 since the 650 only boasts a vga cam.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Since we now have some comparison photos of the 700p camera and the 650 camera (thanks to Pimpingee), which do you think takes better photos?

To me it seems like the colors are more vibrant on the 650 camera. And I think I noticed the same with the 700w camera v. the 650 camera. I have always found the camera on the 650 to be one of the best cell phone cameras around, especially for indoor photos.
    I have not seen these pictures yet! Can you tell me where I can see them?

Thanks!

HG...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    I believe that the 700w that is currently out does have a mp cam so I would assume that it would be better than the 650 since the 650 only boasts a vga cam.
    I am note sure that the actual image quality is any better. I don't care if the image is larger. I want the camera to have a more accurate representation of the image I am shooting. My 650 camera took much better photos then many of the 1.3 MP cell phones I played with.
    IMO, the 650 had a pretty good cam for only be VGA. That was my primary phone from July 2005 to February 2006 until I could get my hands on an 8125. I still go back to the treo on occaision since the battery is better and I enjoy the chat log in the text messages better than having them listed separatly.

Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Those pics are a bit confusing. That is a Verizon 700p with Sprint apps in it? Strange. Am I missing something here?

Yup, you're missing a lot of important info. Unfortunately, you'll have to read through a horribly long thread filled mostly with off-topic posts in order to get at the nuggets of useful info. Hope you didn't have anything planned this evening.

Yours truly,
    Nancyboy Scooter
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Yes, its a pre-release test phone, Verizon shell, sprint rom. There is a long thread if you are interested called How will EVDO incease your Treo's usability?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Yup, you're missing a lot of important info. Unfortunately, you'll have to read through a horribly long thread filled mostly with off-topic posts in order to get at the nuggets of useful info. Hope you didn't have anything planned this evening.

Yours truly,
    Nancyboy Scooter
    Very nice
    Not to go horribly OT (Scott) but is ther ANY phone camera as good as any 5 year old 1.3 megapixel digital cmaera? I've yet to see ANY manufacturer that can produce a camera phone picture as good as my five year old Fuji 1.3mpx with an old smartcard (I don't think they even make smartcards any more).

So the question of which camera is better is basically moot.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Actually, yes there are. See the HTC Prophet. Here's one review with some sample photos. I just found that one quickly via a Google search. There are probably better sample photos elsewhere.

I suspect that the recently released N-series Nokia phones may also take good photos.

For the record, I don't care about printing photos. I rarely do that with my standalone digicams. I think that looking at photos in a web-based album, your TV, or a PDA/smartphone is the future. So I don't need (or even want) super-high megapixels. I just want something that when viewed on a decent-sized TV from seating distance, or at a 800x600-max size on the web, looks pleasing. I think the technology has long since been there to deliver this and all of the PDA/smartphone companies have fallen short.
    hofo_mofo, where are you? I'm sure you have some links handy to threads featuring sample photos from the Prophet.
    I have a nokia n90 with a 2mp cam. The pics look pretty good for a cam phone but then again it cost me about 500 USD.

OK, I think I found the thread I was looking for at HoFo. Lots of sample photos taken with the Prophet here. FYI, first photos start at page 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R

Yours truly,
    Nancyboy Scooter
    Nah, it won't take that long. You'll quickly figure out which posts to skip completely.
    Not to mention the Korean phone cameras (calling them camera phones would not be doing them justice).

Surur
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    so I'm not going to get excited over the 700p pics yet, even though I would love for them to be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    Don't get too wrapped up in resolution. The camera on the 700w may or may not take better pictures, but more pixels doesn't equal better quality.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Insertion why are you using that avatar?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast