1.    #1  
    Verily, I eagerly await the coming of the new Palm Treo 700p. It is with some humility that I must query this strapping group of the advantages of the aforementioned EVDO. Foremost, can an EVDO activated telephone send data queries in regions of this great land of ours that are not enabled for EVDO?

As is always, I am eternally grateful for your return correspondence.
    I was large and in charge!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    EVDO (power vision) phones should be able to fall back on old regular 1xRTT (vison) services when you are in a location that doesn't support EVDO. At least thats what I understand.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    Verily, I eagerly await the coming of the new Palm Treo 700p. It is with some humility that I must query this strapping group of the advantages of the aforementioned EVDO. Foremost, can an EVDO activated telephone send data queries in regions of this great land of ours that are not enabled for EVDO?

GC, where have you been? Your unique diction has been greatly missed (I said diction Haggar!).

Grover,

Glad to see you back after an absence. Your style of communication and civility has been sorely lacking on this board.

In terms of your question, it is correct that in those areas that EVDO has not been enabled, the Treo will "fall back" to 1xRTT speeds. The good news is that since VZW and SPCS have been in an "arms race" relative to EVDO build-out, more and more cities are coming on line with EVDO and the number with 1XRTT are rapidly diminshing.

Looking forward to your continued unique perspective on things.
    Grover,

Additionally, if you're used to the Palm OS and like push email, the best way to go is to wait for the 700p. Having used the 300/600/650 and now the 700w, I have to say that I'm longing for EVDO with Palm OS so I can go back to Chatter and SnapperMail.
    EVDO will make you able to get data faster and should fall back on regular 1x usage where EVDO ain't there.

In addition, you will walk around smiling like the guy on the enzyte commercial (and for the same reason), your car will get better mileage, women will be more attracted to you, ice cubes in your freezer will no longer stick together, your desktops will remain malware free, your children won't talk back to you, your dog will never pull on his leash, trips to Vegas will return 5.67543 %, you will get a lower mortgage rate when you refinance, you will never misplace your car keys, your boss won't mind when you come in late.....carriers will call you for approval of new Treo release dates and well I just ran outta ideas .

I better go eat something....think my blood sugar is off or something.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Lol
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    GC, where have you been? Your unique diction has been greatly missed (I said diction Haggar!).

Why thank you. Alas, the formalities of life have kept me from my comminiques with this fine group.

To others, I greatly appreciate the response. I gather then that I shall be a new Treo 700p owner quite soon!
    I was large and in charge!
    "Your style of communication and civility has been sorely lacking on this board."

Yes, we could use a dose of civility.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Sounds like a mental disorder to me

Hey - I share the same birthday as Grover Cleveland...aint that cool?

Anyone know these amazing facts?

Grover Cleveland was the first (and only) President of the United States to be elected to 2 terms that were not in succession? In other words...someone else was President between his 1st and 2nd terms?

Grover Cleveland was the first (and I believe only) President to become a father while in the White House?

Grover Cleveland's baby was named "Ruth" -- and in honor of the White House baby, a candy company introduced a new candy bar called the "Baby Ruth Bar"??

See...you can learn a lot at Treo Central.

EDIT: 300 baud modems were not around in Grover Cleveland's era. So anyone thinking that I meant I was born in the same YEAR as him...SHADDUP!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    EVDO will make you able to get data faster and should fall back on regular 1x usage where EVDO ain't there.

In addition, you will walk around smiling like the guy on the enzyte commercial (and for the same reason), your car will get better mileage, women will be more attracted to you, ice cubes in your freezer will no longer stick together, your desktops will remain malware free, your children won't talk back to you, your dog will never pull on his leash, trips to Vegas will return 5.67543 %, you will get a lower mortgage rate when you refinance, you will never misplace your car keys, your boss won't mind when you come in late.....carriers will call you for approval of new Treo release dates and well I just ran outta ideas .

I better go eat something....think my blood sugar is off or something.
    Where do I sign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Where do I sign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wha ...you didn't get the beta invite ? I think I installe dit backwards cause my ice cubes stickin togtehr and kids keep talking back.
    good to see ya GC!!!