Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    The money they're offering for used machines is, to put it mildly, humorous.
    Yes, but $185 ($170 after shipping) for an excellent condition 650 isn't too shabby. Up until 30 days ago, my 650 (from November '04) was absolutely in excellent condition.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Yes, but $185 ($170 after shipping) for an excellent condition 650 isn't too shabby. Up until 30 days ago, my 650 (from November '04) was absolutely in excellent condition.
    Perhaps, but what are you going to give them a Treo 650 to trade up TO?

If the 700p was out.. then it would make sense. I don't consider the 700w a trade UP from a 650 but that's just my opinion.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Perhaps, but what are you going to give them a Treo 650 to trade up TO?

If the 700p was out.. then it would make sense. I don't consider the 700w a trade UP from a 650 but that's just my opinion.

Harv
    I was assuming the trade-up program would still be available once the 700p came out.

For some, I am sure that EVDO and other features of the 700p may be considered an upgrade. However, I am with you -- if my 650 wasn't toast I would not have more than a passing interest in the 700p.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    $170 net for an "excellent" condition 650. That doesn't seem unreasonable...although I'm not up to speed on eBay prices currently.
    Quite frankly I don't understand e-bay's price premium when buying Treos.

a) If you are a new customer, new Treos typically $99 at Amazon.com
    b) If you are an existing customer and finished ya contract, you can get a new Treo for $129 from Cingular. Seen similar offerings hare on the boards from other carriers.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

b) If you are an existing customer and finished ya contract, you can get a new Treo for $129 from Cingular. Seen similar offerings hare on the boards from other carriers.
    So what's the approx. price for an Excellent condition 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

Actually, I checked ebay earlier today and saw:
    1) sprint 650 for $.99 for NEW customers
    2) sprint 650 for $99.00 for existing customers
    They are only willing to give me $9 (after shipping) for my Treo 300.
    Quote Originally Posted by shady
    They are only willing to give me $9 (after shipping) for my Treo 300.
    Nine bucks! You're gonna be a danged tycoon compared to me! They're only willing to give me $3 (after shipping) for my Samsung i300. And that's assuming they consider it to be in "good" condition. If it only qualifies as "poor", the web site tells me that my trade-in is worthless!
    I wonder how this ties into--if at all--the Palm Rewards Program Palm offered early last year.

In any event, I'm passing on the T700p. I figure my T650 has one more year in it before I do any serious upgrades. By then, around 2007, I'm hoping the Palm OS (in whatever format it comes in by then) will be greatly improved!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I wonder how this ties into--if at all--the Palm Rewards Program Palm offered early last year.

In any event, I'm passing on the T700p. I figure my T650 has one more year in it before I do any serious upgrades. By then, around 2007, I'm hoping the Palm OS (in whatever format it comes in by then) will be greatly improved!
    I hope you're right. My guess is, the 700P will not see the sales the 650 generated and the Palm OS may go away. Chalk up another win for Uncle Bill and MS.
    That site is a joke. Anything other than a mint 650 goes for peanuts.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    <merged & moved>
    I'm trying to figure out what the $15 shipping charge is for. I assume I have to pay to ship my old Treo to them, so why are they charging me an additional shipping charge? Especially when I could send it USPS Prioirty Mail for $8 or $9.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I highly recommend not trading in, but I thnk that's the general sentiment around these parts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12