Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    My current Sprint contract will be up in about a year. I have had my phone number since 2003. Is it worth paying so much for it though? I currently have:

$100 = 2000 minutes
    $000 = 2nd line, I got this when I broke my Treo 650. I dont really use it.
    $015 = Vision
    $015 = Unlimited text
    $008 = Unlimited text for my 2nd line
    $006 = Insurance on my PPC-6700

Roughly $160. Is my phone number worth paying that for? I can get Sero 1250 for $50 and get free vision. So for $71 I would have all I need. $300 is a lot to pay for cancellation, but I could cover it it 3 months with my savings and selling the new phone and my extra phone might help cover the cost too. Anyway I can cancel and port my number? I like having the same number for people to get a hold of me. Also I might cancel again when the HTC Hermes comes out if Cingular got 3G service in my area. Someone mentioned they were getting data cards this summer. I could also go this route, but it might be too much trouble.
    There is no really simple way to transport your number. You can do it, but it's complicated, and most reps would give you a hard time about doing it, if they'd do it at all, unless, of course, you're switching carriers. Even then it's not fun. Don't feel so bad about paying this much though. Honestly, a lot of people pay this much. If you are thinking about the cingular route as a possibility, you might want to wait. Yes, it's true that the SERO plans end soon, but it's also a good possibility that they will introduce a new deal like it.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Just call up sprint and bluff to cancel. I've read many people switching to SERO as current customers and just signing a new 2 year contract. You just need to keep trying different CS until you get it. It took me about 10 tries (I was a new user but bought the phone in the store to get a better deal).

If you don't use the second line, why are you paying $8 a month for txt on it?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarshmellow
    Just call up sprint and bluff to cancel. I've read many people switching to SERO as current customers and just signing a new 2 year contract. You just need to keep trying different CS until you get it. It took me about 10 tries (I was a new user but bought the phone in the store to get a better deal).

If you don't use the second line, why are you paying $8 a month for txt on it?
    I like to give the phone to my girlfriend to text me at work.
    I have been having big time problems with Sprint's billing and plan to change, when my contract is up. Question: can I keep my phone (Treo 650) and go to another carrier? I'm thinking the answer is no.
    If you switch to Cingular it will be no better. Last month my bill was $3500, this month it was $700. It's supposed to be around $100. I've been spending 30 minutes on the phone with them every month for 5 or 6 months now trying to get my bill straight.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    If you switch to Cingular it will be no better. Last month my bill was $3500, this month it was $700. It's supposed to be around $100. I've been spending 30 minutes on the phone with them every month for 5 or 6 months now trying to get my bill straight.
    [Cue Stanley Tucci:]

"Cingular...raising the price."

Ouch. Did they throw in a free Hyndai?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    [Cue Stanley Tucci:]

"Cingular...raising the price."

Ouch. Did they throw in a free Hyndai?
    They should have. I'm about ready to sell my unlocked phone and just go with Sprint.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.