Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Results 141 to 149 of 149
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Just so I have this right,

    Small upgrade in memory
    New radio for internet
    Same resolution
    Same thickness
    Same Antenna
    Still NO wifi
    Worse camera

    Sounds like one hell of an upgrade.
    And these are the good points? No wonder Sprint/Palm is so proud of this puppy that 18 days before the supposed release there is no promotional information out to the public.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    And these are the good points? No wonder Sprint/Palm is so proud of this puppy that 18 days before the supposed release there is no promotional information out to the public.
    But, if they build it...people will buy.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Just so I have this right,

    Small upgrade in memory
    New radio for internet
    Same resolution
    Same thickness
    Same Antenna
    Still NO wifi
    Worse camera

    Sounds like one hell of an upgrade.

    Not an "upgrade" just a different "updated" model. These are for NEW buyers or 600 owners than NEED to get a newer model.

    I bought my Boxster back in '99. The Boxster S came out in '01 (I think),...that was an upgrade. The new models of boxsters that came out in '00 (slightly larger engine) was a minor "update". The new model that came out in '05 (I think) had some body style tweeks and new interior but still not an "upgrade", just a new updated model.

    Current Boxster owners are "upgrading" to the Carrera or in some cases the Boxster S...they are not typically considering any new Boxsters (other than the S) as an "upgrade"
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  4. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Not an "upgrade" just a different "updated" model. These are for NEW buyers or 600 owners than NEED to get a newer model.

    I bought my Boxster back in '99. The Boxster S came out in '01 (I think),...that was an upgrade. The new models of boxsters that came out in '00 (slightly larger engine) was a minor "update". The new model that came out in '05 (I think) had some body style tweeks and new interior but still not an "upgrade", just a new updated model.

    Current Boxster owners are "upgrading" to the Carrera or in some cases the Boxster S...they are not typically considering any new Boxsters (other than the S) as an "upgrade"
    Good point. Now can you tell me when we get the upgrade?
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    Ok guys, I'm writing my findings while the pictures are uploading to my yahoo/pic folder.

    Good news or bad news first? Actually I don't have any good news just quick reviews haha so I'll start with the bad news.

    1- I couldn't capture any video of the EVDO in action or run any more bandwidth tests because my friend installed his company software (I included some pictures of it- its called "Good") and the Treo isn't configured to access the regular internet anymore. From what he told me, Good pulls email like the blackberry, and it also accesses company intranet. It seems to be a pretty popular software amongst the big corps.

    2-Verizon is going to get the 700p first according to my friend (bad news in my opinion).

    Now for the good news, I took a bunch of pictures for you guys. I even took some of the "Getting started menus." All the pictures are pretty much self explanatory.

    On demand is AWESOME! information will truly be at our finger tips with that great program. I couldn't access alot of the info anymore, because it was asking a login-in now. shucks!

    Lastly, you guys judge the quality of the pictures taken by the 650 vs 700p yourself . I unfortunately got home at 10pm so- no outdoor pictures.

    Hope the pics gives you all the info you need bout the new 700p. My excitement has died down, because I can't play with the EVDO anymore

    Btw does anyone know if we'll be able to get "On demand," for the 650?
    Do any of the members have any info on when Verizon might be getting the 700p? I was at a tech show approximately January at a university held for faculty looking at the 700w and the Verizon rep indicated that they would be getting the p but of course had no specific info as to WHEN. It would seem that if Verizon is to get it before Sprint, there should be some info "out there" as to the WHEN.
    Legalbeagle
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But, if they build it...people will buy.
    And if pigs had wings....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    Do any of the members have any info on when Verizon might be getting the 700p? I was at a tech show approximately January at a university held for faculty looking at the 700w and the Verizon rep indicated that they would be getting the p but of course had no specific info as to WHEN. It would seem that if Verizon is to get it before Sprint, there should be some info "out there" as to the WHEN.
    Well, the best I have is the age-old kiosk guy confirming Verizon getting the Palm version 700. I walked up to the counter and spoke with him disappointed that all he has was the Windows version and hoped they would release a Palm version. He said give it about a month...I just went to training on it (palm 700) last week. This was last weekend...so ~end of April if memory serves right.

    Again, take that for what it is worth. gharrod would have a field day with me but again it's a kiosk guy and they know everything and they know nothing. So Matrix-y.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    ok, ok yes I know I come across as a d@$k but hey can you honestly blame me when my only intention was to share info w/ other treo enthusiast...?? and what did I get in return...man talk about feeling unwelcomed for doing a good dead... so yes after a long hard day of work and a 3hr commute. I kinda lost it haha.. so here's half an apology
    I feel your plight dude.....tough crowd. Kinda like those man-hating women (and their male counterparts) who once burned by a man (woman) consider the entire male (female) species worthy of nothing but scorn.

    Once burned by faked Treo photos leaks, the crowd here can get rather rabid . Unfortunately you have been preceeded by a few fakers and you got bit cause the fakers ran off b4 the troops could sink their teeth in.
  9. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Unfortunately you have been preceeded by a few fakers...
    U for A, add C.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Posting Permissions