Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." - 6/11
    and 5/23 when Season Two is out on DVD
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Scott, the thread was about EVDO so why would you want the ones not dealing with pimps pics to be removed? Your request sounds odd.
    gharrod, I said to *split* the thread (into two legitimate threads) and then remove off-topic posts. Clarification and recommendations...

Existing thread: How will EVDO increase your Treo's usability?
    - Posts on-topic (see first couple of posts on page 1) should stay put

New thread: Treo 700p in my hands!!! (or whatever title mod's decide)
    - Pimp's announcement, skepticism by others, Pimp's photos & outburst , etc.

Trash heap:
    - 50%+ of Haggar and Postal's posts (which seem to exist solely for the purpose of increasing their post counts)
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I'll take a ham~n~cheese, with a medium diet coke. Thank You.
    Part of serving is knowing when someone's had enough...and you...have had enough.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R

Trash heap:
    - 50%+ of Haggar and Postal's posts (which seem to exist solely for the purpose of increasing their post counts)
    My fragile ego has been harmed beyond repair.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    gharrod, I said to *split* the thread (into two legitimate threads) and then remove off-topic posts. Clarification and recommendations...

Existing thread: How will EVDO increase your Treo's usability?
    - Posts on-topic (see first couple of posts on page 1) should stay put

New thread: Treo 700p in my hands!!! (or whatever title mod's decide)
    - Pimp's announcement, skepticism by others, Pimp's photos & outburst , etc.

Trash heap:
    I think you’re in the wrong locker room nancyboy.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    I think you’re in the wrong locker room nancyboy.
    If he's nancyboy, does that make Shawn Cassidy and Parker Stevens Hardydrews?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    If he's nancyboy, does that make Shawn Cassidy and Parker Stevens Hardydrews?
    I don't care about their religion!

How bout that one, scooter the nancyboy?
    Last edited by Postal; 05/09/2006 at 09:35 PM.
    Ok guys, I'm writing my findings while the pictures are uploading to my yahoo/pic folder.

Good news or bad news first? Actually I don't have any good news just quick reviews haha so I'll start with the bad news.

1- I couldn't capture any video of the EVDO in action or run any more bandwidth tests because my friend installed his company software (I included some pictures of it- its called "Good") and the Treo isn't configured to access the regular internet anymore. From what he told me, Good pulls email like the blackberry, and it also accesses company intranet. It seems to be a pretty popular software amongst the big corps.

2-Verizon is going to get the 700p first according to my friend (bad news in my opinion).

Now for the good news, I took a bunch of pictures for you guys. I even took some of the "Getting started menus." All the pictures are pretty much self explanatory.

On demand is AWESOME! information will truly be at our finger tips with that great program. I couldn't access alot of the info anymore, because it was asking a login-in now. shucks!

Lastly, you guys judge the quality of the pictures taken by the 650 vs 700p yourself . I unfortunately got home at 10pm so- no outdoor pictures.

Hope the pics gives you all the info you need bout the new 700p. My excitement has died down, because I can't play with the EVDO anymore

Btw does anyone know if we'll be able to get "On demand," for the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    Ok guys, I'm writing my findings while the pictures are uploading to my yahoo/pic folder.

Good news or bad news first? Actually I don't have any good news just quick reviews haha so I'll start with the bad news.

1- I couldn't capture any video of the EVDO in action or run any more bandwidth tests because my friend installed his company software (I included some pictures of it- its called "Good") and the Treo isn't configured to access the regular internet anymore. From what he told me, Good pulls email like the blackberry, and it also accesses company intranet. It seems to be a pretty popular software amongst the big corps.

2-Verizon is going to get the 700p first according to my friend (bad news in my opinion).

Now for the good news, I took a bunch of pictures for you guys. I even took some of the "Getting started menus." All the pictures are pretty much self explanatory.

On demand is AWESOME! information will truly be at our finger tips with that great program. I couldn't access alot of the info anymore, because it was asking a login-in now. shucks!

Lastly, you guys judge the quality of the pictures taken by the 650 vs 700p yourself . I unfortunately got home at 10pm so- no outdoor pictures.

Hope the pics gives you all the info you need bout the new 700p. My excitement has died down, because I can't play with the EVDO anymore

Btw does anyone know if we'll be able to get "On demand," for the 650?

Thanks so much for the pics!

Just as I suspected, someone from the San Jose area...

Good JOB!

PS. Can you try to snap a photo with the battery out (the sticker info on the bottom of the Treo unit)?

TIA
    Thank you Pimp. See everybody?!? Just as I've been saying for a while, do not assume that more megapixels = better picture quality. Meh. It looks like the MS-style featuritis has taken over at Palm. The zen is dead. Better to have a spec sheet that shows a higher megapixel camera than one that's lower megapixel but takes better photos.
    Wait a minute...maybe I missed it...did we ever get final confirmation on how much storage RAM the 700p was going to have?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Wait a minute...maybe I missed it...did we ever get final confirmation on how much storage RAM the 700p was going to have?
    No, we haven't received final confirmation because the phone has not been annouced yet.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Outstanding job once again Pimpingee! You sure did deliver some great pics.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Just so I have this right,

Small upgrade in memory
    New radio for internet
    Same resolution
    Same thickness
    Same Antenna
    Still NO wifi
    Worse camera

Sounds like one hell of an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Just so I have this right,

Small upgrade in memory
    New radio for internet
    Same resolution
    Same thickness
    Same Antenna
    Still NO wifi
    Worse camera

Sounds like one hell of an upgrade.
    again your avatar says it all
    Thank you Pimp. See everybody?!? Just as I've been saying for a while, do not assume that more megapixels = better picture quality. Meh. It looks like the MS-style featuritis has taken over at Palm. The zen is dead. Better to have a spec sheet that shows a higher megapixel camera than one that's lower megapixel but takes better photos.
    ttttttthhhhhhhaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkkkkk yyyyoooooooouuuuuuuu...its all aboot dah lens..although MP means the max overall size of the photo, its all aboot dah lens..i remember when they had a release for the 650..they weren't going to put in a megapixel camera, but they did replace the lens to a far superior one...and well i have yet to pick up a camera phone with the awesome lens power like the treo 650 has
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    again your avatar says it all
    crappy upgrade
    hofo, I agree, but it's probably not *just* the lens. I'm sure the type of digitizing chip (or are they just using the main CPU to handle that?) makes a difference as well. But whatever...I'm very disappointed.

So now I've got to decide whether the Ev-DO speed bump will make up for some of the steps backwards.
    hofo, I agree, but it's probably not *just* the lens. I'm sure the type of digitizing chip (or are they just using the main CPU to handle that?) makes a difference as well. But whatever...I'm very disappointed.

So now I've got to decide whether the Ev-DO speed bump will make up for some of the steps backwards.
    thank you grasshoppah for the correction. I forgot about the rest of the junk inside the digi cam
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast