Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 149
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    ok, ok yes I know I come across as a d@$k but hey can you honestly blame me when my only intention was to share info w/ other treo enthusiast...?? and what did I get in return...man talk about feeling unwelcomed for doing a good dead... so yes after a long hard day of work and a 3hr commute. I kinda lost it haha.. so here's half an apology
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss

    Ah, a vow of silence has reduced our good friend from Texas to Spell Checker.

    What more pain and suffering can this Silly Season inflict upon us?

    Famine?

    NO 700P ?!?!?!?!?
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    ok, ok yes I know I come across as a d@$k but hey can you honestly blame me when my only intention was to share info w/ other treo enthusiast...?? and what did I get in return...man talk about feeling unwelcomed for doing a good dead... so yes after a long hard day of work and a 3hr commute. I kinda lost it haha.. so here's half an apology
    Glad we were able to coax you back -- thanks for the pics.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Ah, a vow of silence has reduced our good friend from Texas to Spell Checker.

    What more pain and suffering can this Silly Season inflict upon us?

    Famine?

    NO 700P ?!?!?!?!?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  5. #85  
    nice pics i too look forward to a phone info shot.... or just owning the dang phone...

    soon my love.

    edit: Zinger.... pics are down... shoulda saved them incase i got lonely tonight
    Last edited by FuManChuu; 05/09/2006 at 10:34 AM.
  6. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    ok, ok yes I know I come across as a d@$k but hey can you honestly blame me when my only intention was to share info w/ other treo enthusiast...?? and what did I get in return...man talk about feeling unwelcomed for doing a good dead... so yes after a long hard day of work and a 3hr commute. I kinda lost it haha.. so here's half an apology
    Just remember...it's "that time of the month" every day here on TC...
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    ...I am going to deny access to the folder in a few days, if someone wants to, they are more than welcome to download the pictures and upload them directly to the forum..... now if you guys are still skeptical after the time I've spent to share this with you then go f' yourself.

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrgene...ir=/d550scd...
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    nice pics i too look forward to a phone info shot.... or just owning the dang phone...

    soon my love.

    edit: Zinger.... pics are down... shoulda saved them incase i got lonely tonight


    Last edited by dstrauss; 05/09/2006 at 11:00 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  8. #88  
    those are pretty bad EVDO speeds. I have gotten as high as 2mb speed in airports.
  9. #89  
    they are back up for a lil longer, I just wanted to take off any serial numbers..
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    they are back up for a lil longer, I just wanted to take off any serial numbers..
    Good idea!
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    they are back up for a lil longer, I just wanted to take off any serial numbers..
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  12. #92  
    Discussion Point:

    Is the Sprint phone in a Verizon case any indication of any future business plans of our two favorite CDMA carriers?

    Data Sharing?

    Content Sharing?

    Nationwide Shared Free Roaming?

    Merger?
  13. #93  
    The Verizon shell is very curious. At first I thought it was a 700w shell, but it appears to have the POS calendar icon instead of the windows logo. No, it's (what we're calling) a 700p.
  14. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Discussion Point:

    Is the Sprint phone in a Verizon case any indication of any future business plans of our two favorite CDMA carriers?

    Data Sharing?

    Content Sharing?

    Nationwide Shared Free Roaming?

    Merger?
    Dogs and cats living together. OMG where does it end????
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Discussion Point:

    Is the Sprint phone in a Verizon case any indication of any future business plans of our two favorite CDMA carriers?



    Data Sharing?



    Content Sharing?



    Nationwide Shared Free Roaming?



    Merger?

    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  16. #96  
    Speculation ...

    Verizon has units branded and ready to ship, pending an announcement in the next few days. Sprint needs some for testing, so Palm (with an NDA) allows Sprint to use the Verizon-branded models. Ergo ... Verizon 700p ships first.

    I can just imagine Sprint execs walking around with their Verizon branded Treos.
  17. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000
    Speculation ...

    Verizon has units branded and ready to ship, pending an announcement in the next few days. Sprint needs some for testing, so Palm (with an NDA) allows Sprint to use the Verizon-branded models. Ergo ... Verizon 700p ships first.

    I can just imagine Sprint execs walking around with their Verizon branded Treos.
    Personally I just think Palm made a handful of prototype CDMA radioed Treo 700s and just passed them out to both CDMA vendors. It probably has the Verizon branding simply because Verizon was hot on having this thing and probably paid some of the initial development costs so Palm threw them a bone and but their logo on the prototypes.

    It doesn't take much to ROM it for your purposes as the carrier...so Sprint would simply have to put their customized ROM on it and there ya go. The CDMA "modem" is simply a hardware device the instructions sent to the towers for the different carriers comes out of the software in ROM. My guess is this is either tri or quad band CDMA that would cover all bases in frequency discrepancies and keep manufacturing cost down by using the same radio in all CDMA phones. Thus the ability to move a Verizon T650 to Sprint if you have the ROM mojo to do it.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  18. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
       #98  
    Test models have probably been out for sometime. Maybe Palm is just using the Verizon 700w hardware and loaded in the Sprint Palm OS. Why bother worrying about branding if the unite is merely being tested.

    Makes me think it maybe possible to duel boot the 700 if a carrier ends up supporting both models.
  19. #99  
    The typical path is:

    1) rough prototypes -- often in the wrong cases/totally different appearance/typically with socketed ROMs, but not always.

    2) Unbranded prototypes. These often have imperfect designs, such as button misplacement of different colorings. They can be flashed to either Sprint or Verizon in (the case of the 700 casing) Palm or Windows, but have hard wired ROMs These phones are not "certified" by the carriers and typically have serial numbers that keep them from being operational for very long after release.

    Verizon, to the best of my knowledge requires that they approve each organization that gets test phones for their network. That I believe is why we've seen far less Verizon 700p photos than Sprint units.

    3) branded test revs. These normally have the finished appearance and the specific branding of the carrier, and almost never leave the building with anything "hybrid" -- that is, you'll never see a branded rev phone running X-OS unless that carrier is going to have X-OS. These are the units each carrier uses to "certify" the phones for their network.

    4) release phones. Party on!
  20. #100  
    How about photos of pTunes and the main phone app (has it changed?).

    And someone please direct him to an online bandwidth tool that will log the results for public consumption.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions