Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Now if the pictures are real, then it might explain why we have seen Verizon pictures. It's possible that Verizon won't be getting a 700p, but rather that Palm started putting Verizon logos on their test models so that people not testing it would think it was a 700w.

Btw, for those that might be skeptics, the Verizon logo is normally on the right hand side of the device on top of the 700w. Now it's possible that someone could switch the logos around to another side, but why would someone?

The verizon logo still throws me for a loop, though. I can't imagine Verizon would want their logo on devices being tested for another network. I don't know what to think. I hope that the announcement comes soon.

Very good points...

I went on to ebay and did a search for a T700W Verizon, and sure enough I see the logo on the right..

What really doesnt make sense is VZW and Sprint Collaborating...

I do really believe that VZW will adopt the T700P though.. when? Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    Man you guys are all "D*@&," well except for the open minded ones, but I love to prove a point. And Yes I hardly ever post, can you blame me with all the ignorance that goes on in this forum? I've been a member for years, and I use to be a Sprint PCS store manager, so yes I do know what I am talking about. Well to my point, go to my yahoo picture folder that I've linked below. I didn't resize, crop, or edit anything. I took these pictures using a point and shoot camera, using the macro mode, so no flash. As you can see it looks exactly like 700w and yes it is in Verizon shell, but it is running on the Sprint Network and it is PALM OS. Note the weird serial numbers on the front and back. I have no idea what they mean. My friend says it should be launching at the end of this month, but from my experience at Sprint, that's what they always tell vendors. I'm guessing it would probably be delayed a little longer, as all new Sprint phone launches come with bugs. I do not see any GPS feature. The only unique feature/program I saw thats different is the "On demand." I tried the map/direction feature, and it looks like you can input everything without actually being on the web, then it queries the web for the results, kinda like the directory assistant program. I also took a snap the MSN Bandwith test to show you monkeys that it is only clocking in at around 300+kps. Some other little things I noticed, still no flash with the 1.3mp camera, but the picture menu is alot better and easier to manage, you can add personalized captions and do some editing directly on the 700p- its also easier to share pictures. Photo Call ID is a stardard feature now. Theres a "My treo," icon/program that has a mini user guide, support tab, and a Treo news tab. Ptunes looks different now. Sprint TV for streaming tv is also on the 700p. I also took a picture of the 700p next to Haggars post on against my laptop screen, because I do not have today's news paper, and NO I AM NOT GOING TO GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF PHOTOSHOPING ANYTHING..JESUS! I am going to deny access to the folder in a few days, if someone wants to, they are more than welcome to download the pictures and upload them directly to the forum..... now if you guys are still skeptical after the time I've spent to share this with you then go f' yourself.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrgene...?.dir=/d550scd

if you guys are all nice, and the ^$%#'s apologize, maybe I'll come back to TC and share info about the "Cheetah," if I get my hands on one- - hahaha

Take a picture beneath the battery (remove the battery and snap the model number) ...minus the ESN numbers of course.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Man you guys are all "D*@&," well except for the open minded ones, but I love to prove a point.
    Nice pics Pimp. I was wrong, you are no drive by. Thanks
    if you guys are all nice, and the ^$%#'s apologize, maybe I'll come back to TC and share info about the "Cheetah," if I get my hands on one- - hahaha
    **** off *******. Go stroke your ***** in some other forum.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Monkey bully. He is kind of rude though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Monkey bully. He is kind of rude though.
    No ****. Take your ball and go home!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    No ****. Take your ball and go home!
    I did, but with only one ball, I keep circling back here.
    there there monkey man...the mofo is here...its all good man..
    I did, but with only one ball, I keep circling back here.
    If you were south of the Equator, would you circle the other way???

theres the monkey man i remember
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I think so? I need to think about that one for a while during naptime. You know they don't let us talk during naptime.
    I must say I hope the pics are real, and one of the things that got me most excited was the "on demand" feature, which looks to be Handmark Express preloaded on the Treo. Can someone confirm something? If that were a VZW phone would you be able to even have that program on there? Because VZW has the "walled garden" approach to content, don't they?
    Anyway, I'm stoked now. Hope that's real.
    Of course, in keeping with my "hetero-lifemate's" opinion, I do have to say PIMP boy comes across as a dickweed. Thanks for the picks, but man! Take a chill-pill or something. Wussy.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I must say I hope the pics are real, and one of the things that got me most excited was the "on demand" feature, which looks to be Handmark Express preloaded on the Treo. Can someone confirm something? If that were a VZW phone would you be able to even have that program on there? Because VZW has the "walled garden" approach to content, don't they?
    Anyway, I'm stoked now. Hope that's real.
    Of course, in keeping with my "hetero-lifemate's" opinion, I do have to say PIMP boy comes across as a dickweed. Thanks for the picks, but man! Take a chill-pill or something. Wussy.
    I think the Pimp has some pent up anger. The pics look real...
    Silence!!! I must channel Jimmie.

"Jimmie....pictures for your blog...Jimmie...do you hear me...??"

I think the Pimp has some pent up anger. The pics look real...
    ...he obviously does. And coming out like such a jerk was a mistake, but thanks again for the pics.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...Can someone confirm something? If that were a VZW phone would you be able to even have that program on there? Because VZW has the "walled garden" approach to content, don't they?...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Very cool. We can only hope.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    ok, ok yes I know I come across as a d@$k but hey can you honestly blame me when my only intention was to share info w/ other treo enthusiast...?? and what did I get in return...man talk about feeling unwelcomed for doing a good dead... so yes after a long hard day of work and a 3hr commute. I kinda lost it haha.. so here's half an apology
    ok, ok yes I know I come across as a d@$k but hey can you honestly blame me when my only intention was to share info w/ other treo enthusiast...?? and what did I get in return...man talk about feeling unwelcomed for doing a good dead... so yes after a long hard day of work and a 3hr commute. I kinda lost it haha.. so here's half an apology
    Here's half an acceptance. Now, wanna make it up to us? Get some more hands on time with the damn thing and post what you can (pics OR observations).
    It'll be fun.
    Always a tough crowd, and quite cranky with the length of this Silly Season!

Welcome.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast