Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I held n tested the 700p, I did not hold or see the next generation Treo code-named "Cheetah." I am referring to 2 phones in the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Did you do this via an online bandwidth tool where the results would be logged for all to see?
    I used MSN's bandwidth tester from the Treos browser and ran the test. I also tried it on my 650, but it kept freezing and never completing the test. My friend is a roommate, so I could do it again and post a picture captured with my 650 camera, if you guys are that skeptical with the info I was just trying to share.. man no wander I haven't been back to this forum for months!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    I used MSN's bandwidth tester from the Treos browser and ran the test. I also tried it on my 650, but it kept freezing and never completing the test. My friend is a roommate, so I could do it again and post a picture captured with my 650 camera, if you guys are that skeptical with the info I was just trying to share.. man no wander I haven't been back to this forum for months!
    Drive by....
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Drive by....
    How dare you accuse him of that...he's posted 4 posts since May of 2005. Let's see...that's 4 today and....um...how many the rest of the year?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    How dare you accuse him of that...he's posted 4 posts since May of 2005. Let's see...that's 4 today and....um...how many the rest of the year?
    VVVVRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    It won't, I have GSM.

Me too
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    Me too
    GSM rules!
    My friend is a roommate, so I could do it again and post a picture captured with my 650 camera, if you guys are that skeptical with the info I was just trying to share.. man no wander I haven't been back to this forum for months!
    Didn't realize you were talking about 2 different phones (700p & the Cheetah).

You're right -- we are skeptical. Chances are you're playing with us. But I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, and take you up on your offer to post a pic of your roommate's 700p. Put it on today's newspaper so we know it's current.

Does your roommate know when his 700p is being released to the rest of the U.S.?
    I always prefer to be nice to strangers bearing gifts. Yes, please take photos and post them back. Obviously, anything you can do to demonstrate that it's unique to you and not a photoshop job of a photo we've already seen would be preferred.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I always prefer to be nice to strangers bearing gifts. Yes, please take photos and post them back. Obviously, anything you can do to demonstrate that it's unique to you and not a photoshop job of a photo we've already seen would be preferred.
    Photoshop? What's that?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Photoshop? What's that?
    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/index.html
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    You mean it's possible to edit images? Wow! That's cool!
    Man you guys are all "D*@&," well except for the open minded ones, but I love to prove a point. And Yes I hardly ever post, can you blame me with all the ignorance that goes on in this forum? I've been a member for years, and I use to be a Sprint PCS store manager, so yes I do know what I am talking about. Well to my point, go to my yahoo picture folder that I've linked below. I didn't resize, crop, or edit anything. I took these pictures using a point and shoot camera, using the macro mode, so no flash. As you can see it looks exactly like 700w and yes it is in Verizon shell, but it is running on the Sprint Network and it is PALM OS. Note the weird serial numbers on the front and back. I have no idea what they mean. My friend says it should be launching at the end of this month, but from my experience at Sprint, that's what they always tell vendors. I'm guessing it would probably be delayed a little longer, as all new Sprint phone launches come with bugs. I do not see any GPS feature. The only unique feature/program I saw thats different is the "On demand." I tried the map/direction feature, and it looks like you can input everything without actually being on the web, then it queries the web for the results, kinda like the directory assistant program. I also took a snap the MSN Bandwith test to show you monkeys that it is only clocking in at around 300+kps. Some other little things I noticed, still no flash with the 1.3mp camera, but the picture menu is alot better and easier to manage, you can add personalized captions and do some editing directly on the 700p- its also easier to share pictures. Photo Call ID is a stardard feature now. Theres a "My treo," icon/program that has a mini user guide, support tab, and a Treo news tab. Ptunes looks different now. Sprint TV for streaming tv is also on the 700p. I also took a picture of the 700p next to Haggars post on against my laptop screen, because I do not have today's news paper, and NO I AM NOT GOING TO GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF PHOTOSHOPING ANYTHING..JESUS! I am going to deny access to the folder in a few days, if someone wants to, they are more than welcome to download the pictures and upload them directly to the forum..... now if you guys are still skeptical after the time I've spent to share this with you then go f' yourself.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrgene...?.dir=/d550scd

if you guys are all nice, and the ^$%#'s apologize, maybe I'll come back to TC and share info about the "Cheetah," if I get my hands on one- - hahaha
    Last edited by PIMPINGEE; 05/09/2006 at 01:24 AM.
    Man you guys are all "D*@&," well except for the open minded ones, but I love to prove a point. And Yes I hardly ever post, can you blame me with all the ignorance that goes on in this forum? I've been a member for years, and I use to be a Sprint PCS store manager, so yes I do know what I am talking about. Well to my point, go to my yahoo picture folder that I've linked below. I didn't resize, crop, or edit anything. I took these pictures using a point and shoot camera, using the macro mode, so no flash. As you can see it looks exactly like 700w and yes it is in Verizon shell, but it is running on the Sprint Network and it is PALM OS. Note the weird serial numbers on the front and back. I have no idea what they mean. My friend says it should be launching at the end of this month, but from my experience at Sprint, that's what they always tell vendors. I'm guessing it would probably be delayed a little longer, as all new Sprint phone launches come with bugs. I do not see any GPS feature. The only unique feature/program I saw thats different is the "On demand." I tried the map/direction feature, and it looks like you can input everything without actually being on the web, then it queries the web for the results, kinda like the directory assistant program. I also took a snap the MSN Bandwith test to show you monkeys that it is only clocking in at around 300+kps. Some other little things I noticed, still no flash with the 1.3mp camera, but the picture menu is alot better and easier to manage, you can add personalized captions and do some editing directly on the 700p- its also easier to share pictures. Photo Call ID is a stardard feature now. Theres a "My treo," icon/program that has a mini user guide, support tab, and a Treo news tab. Ptunes looks different now. Sprint TV for streaming tv is also on the 700p. I also took a picture of the 700p next to Haggars post on against my laptop screen, because I do not have today's news paper, and NO I AM NOT GOING TO GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF PHOTOSHOPING ANYTHING..JESUS! I am going to deny access to the folder in a few days, if someone wants to, they are more than welcome to download the pictures and upload them directly to the forum..... now if you guys are still skeptical after the time I've spent to share this with you then go f' yourself.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrgene...?.dir=/d550scd

if you guys are all nice, and the ^$%#'s apologize, maybe I'll come back to TC and share info about the "Cheetah," if I get my hands on one- - hahaha
    Take one more picture.... with option---> phone info screen.
    You will see people believing then.... .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Great post PIMPINGEE. I would love to hear more about your experience with the phone and hear what you think about it. Is Blazer essentially the same only faster? Hows the Camera quality? Can you take a video of Blazer loading Cnn, so we can see how fast the EVDO looks?

BTW: You may want to make sure those numbers aren't visible or the palm police will come after your friend.
    dam nice!

interesting how it is in the verizon shell.... maybe they want to "hide" the phone from public on-lookers.
    INTERESTING

Everyone look at the image of the T650 and T700 side by side. You will see on the T650, it has 2 bars, whereas the T700, shows full 4 bars.

Is this a radio thing? OR is that running on Verizon Network? Anyone have any thoughts?
    btw, PIMPINGEE drives a white Acura Legend with M5 rims
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    INTERESTING

Everyone look at the image of the T650 and T700 side by side. You will see on the T650, it has 2 bars, whereas the T700, shows full 4 bars.

Is this a radio thing? OR is that running on Verizon Network? Anyone have any thoughts?
    The reception on the 700p is supposed to be much better than the 650.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Now if the pictures are real, then it might explain why we have seen Verizon pictures. It's possible that Verizon won't be getting a 700p, but rather that Palm started putting Verizon logos on their test models so that people not testing it would think it was a 700w.

Btw, for those that might be skeptics, the Verizon logo is normally on the right hand side of the device on top of the 700w. Now it's possible that someone could switch the logos around to another side, but why would someone?

The verizon logo still throws me for a loop, though. I can't imagine Verizon would want their logo on devices being tested for another network. I don't know what to think. I hope that the announcement comes soon.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast