Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Oh...on a related note -- what's everyone's favorite beer?
    Fat Tire.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    belgium - hoesgarden white
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    belgium - hoesgarden white
    I think I have that video.
    1. It's not in my area...too few peeps I guess....county only has 1.7 million.

2. Hmmmmm....700 kbps on Treo or 28,900 kbps on laptop....I goin w/ laptop 99.8 % of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman
    ANSI art was awesome. Does anyone remember logowriter?
    fw 100
    rt 90
    fw 50
    pen up
    home
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    fw 100
    rt 90
    fw 50
    pen up
    home
    hofo, are you the one with the Radio Shack info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    it took me a while to fully understand what you meant (to be honest)...no i'm not...two reasons

1. I'm in Canada (I'm a canuck)
    2. We dont have radio shack up here anymore
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    it took me a while to fully understand what you meant (to be honest)...no i'm not...two reasons

1. I'm in Canada (I'm a canuck)
    2. We dont have radio shack up here anymore
    Thanks, didn't read your local. What a dope, eh?
    Thanks, didn't read your local. What a dope, eh?
    its all good man...afterall you have a picture of my throne as your avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    1. It's not in my area...too few peeps I guess....county only has 1.7 million.
    Jack, haven't you previously mentioned the strong NIMBY factor in your county? I would think that might be the most important factor holding back EV-DO deployment in your area, rather than a paucity of "peeps" (aargh, writing that makes me grind my teeth -- what's wrong with "people" for God's sake, it's only one more letter than "peeps"?). Here in North Carolina, for instance, Sprint EV-DO is deployed in the major metro areas even though no single county in the state has anywhere close to 1 million people in it. Maybe it's just easier to install towers and transmitters here than it is out in your end of Lon Gisland?
    Doom . . . . Hofo . . . . . I can see the mix up. . . . .
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    its all good man...afterall you have a picture of my throne as your avatar
    Glad to serve you
    Just in case anyone was interested, I had the pleasure of trying a 700p. I got my hands on one because my friend tests software compatibility with new smart phones at his company. Everything looks pretty much the same. Same form factor as the 700w, samo palm programs included. Double the ram though. Hopefully the production units will have more bang. I tried the EVDO and it was significant faster. It was no where near 1m. I ran a bandwidth test and I got around 384kps which my opinion a HUGE improvement. Would I get one? hmm maybe if Sprint will replace my phone with it. I probably wouldn't pay for one. My friend did say that a new Treo phone will be launching late '06 possibly early 07'. From his description, its alot faster than the 700p and a little smaller in size with no stubby antennae. I WOULD DEFINATELY BUY ONE OF THOSE. Btw, the new Treo is code named "Cheetah." I'm not sure if its a code name by Palm or the company my friend works for. Just thought I'd share some info!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    My friend did say that a new Treo phone will be launching late '06 possibly early 07'. From his description, its alot faster than the 700p and a little smaller in size with no stubby antennae. I WOULD DEFINATELY BUY ONE OF THOSE.
    I am betting that phone will be for the GSM crowd.
    Just in case anyone was interested, I had the pleasure of trying a 700p. I got my hands on one because my friend tests software compatibility with new smart phones at his company. Everything looks pretty much the same. Same form factor as the 700w, samo palm programs included. Double the ram though. Hopefully the production units will have more bang. I tried the EVDO and it was significant faster. It was no where near 1m. I ran a bandwidth test and I got around 384kps which my opinion a HUGE improvement. Would I get one? hmm maybe if Sprint will replace my phone with it. I probably wouldn't pay for one. My friend did say that a new Treo phone will be launching late '06 possibly early 07'. From his description, its alot faster than the 700p and a little smaller in size with no stubby antennae. I WOULD DEFINATELY BUY ONE OF THOSE. Btw, the new Treo is code named "Cheetah." I'm not sure if its a code name by Palm or the company my friend works for. Just thought I'd share some info!
    YOU held it but you are relying on YOUR FRIEND"S description of whether or not is has an antenna?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    Jack, haven't you previously mentioned the strong NIMBY factor in your county? I would think that might be the most important factor holding back EV-DO deployment in your area, rather than a paucity of "peeps" (aargh, writing that makes me grind my teeth -- what's wrong with "people" for God's sake, it's only one more letter than "peeps"?). Here in North Carolina, for instance, Sprint EV-DO is deployed in the major metro areas even though no single county in the state has anywhere close to 1 million people in it. Maybe it's just easier to install towers and transmitters here than it is out in your end of Lon Gisland?
    Then upgrade doesn't mean more towers...it means upgrading existing ones. And while new towers are constantly going up, no they ain't no picnic, municipalities are actually fighting a bit to get towers on their property to get the income. I think it's just that Sprint isn't very well entrenched out here. Methinks that while AT&Tingular started with NY Metro area and spread east, the comp came in and went after NYC ina big way and kinda meandered along rather than actually hard pursuing the "bedroom communities".

One thing I notice is that there are an awful lotta "carbon based units" carrying 2 phones....one for the Nextel / Sprint P2T radio and another one on CNG to talk to everyone else.

As for the peeps thing....just "sumthin" I picked up from my kids as well as my interaction with some UK folks.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Doom . . . . Hofo . . . . . I can see the mix up. . . . .
    O.K. Mr. Smarty pants, I was reffering to the following...
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Ok, I did a quick search and couldn't find it; forgive me if this is already posted somewhere else.

Some of the other Treo boards are barking because some guy told HoFo that he is a radio shack employee and the 700p showed up in his computer for sale (Sku is 17-2689) and that the price was set at $679.99 retail and $529.99 for upgrade price, blah blah.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    LOL!
    I ran a bandwidth test and I got around 384kps which my opinion a HUGE improvement.
    Did you do this via an online bandwidth tool where the results would be logged for all to see?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast