Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

    I've been a long-term reader, but never posted. I'd like to get your input on this.

    I've been debating incessantly with myself if I should be getting a 650 or wait for a 700P.

    I've made up my mind that
    1) I want to stick with Palm OS
    2) I want to keep my Verizon service since it's the only carrier with acceptable reception in my area (Long Island)

    Verizon is currently offering Treo 650 for $300 for existing customer. My questions are 1) When do you think Verizon will start offering 700P? and 2) Would you spend $300 for a treo 650 when 700P is just on the horizon?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Get the Treo 650 now. If you wait for the Next Big Thing you will wait forever because there will always be a Bright Shiny New Phone over the horizon. When/if Verizon gets the 700p you can sell your 650. I say 'if' because I am on T-Mobile and stupid T-Mobile had the 600 but passed on the 650 and if I had waited for T-Mo I'd still be waiting.
  3. #3  
    I hafta agree with TP, besides, it always feels soo good to have it now!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. Nate1861's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'd stick it out and wait for the 700p. See if Sprint gets an exclusive on it when it's released, if not then Verizon should get it soon after or at the same time. I love my 650 to death, but why get a buggy phone when the 700p is so close. Dealing with the bad bluetooth, low volume (fixable through software), and the mediocre reception on a Treo 650 for a month just for something better to come along does not make sense IMO. If it's a matter of money, then the 650 is the better option. Even if Verizon does not get it for a couple months, I'd wait before getting a 650. Let them iron out any problems with the 700p and then pick up the Revision B hardware and software. I'm an early adopter though so I am willing to deal with the initial quirks :P
  5. #5  
    I suppose it might not hurt to wait until the end of the month when the 700p rumored to be announced...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  6. #6  
    Ya I'd wait till i was sure who my carrier was If it was sprint you could get the 650 then exchange it for a 700 when it came out possibly maybe .
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrix
    I'd stick it out and wait for the 700p. See if Sprint gets an exclusive on it when it's released, if not then Verizon should get it soon after or at the same time. I love my 650 to death, but why get a buggy phone when the 700p is so close. Dealing with the bad bluetooth, low volume (fixable through software), and the mediocre reception on a Treo 650 for a month just for something better to come along does not make sense IMO. If it's a matter of money, then the 650 is the better option. Even if Verizon does not get it for a couple months, I'd wait before getting a 650. Let them iron out any problems with the 700p and then pick up the Revision B hardware and software. I'm an early adopter though so I am willing to deal with the initial quirks :P
    How do you know it will be better and not buggy? Every new release has been buggy
  8.    #8  
    Is it likely that the release of 700P from Sprint will drive down the price of 650 from Verizon?
  9. #9  
    It all depends on how long you can wait. Sprint will probably get the 700p by the end of this month or early next month. Verizon probably won't launch the 700p for several months afterwards...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Posting Permissions