Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    I used to think the flight crew were just overcautious. That is until I watched one of those myth buster shows on the discovery channel where they test to see whether cellphones can disrupt navigation equipment. The conclusion was that when celphones are in use, the readings on instruments were drastically affected.
    Here's what I know for certain: When a Cingular brand Treo 650 is retrieving data on the internet, and the device is placed next to a desktop computer, the desktop computer makes a lot of static noise and the monitor starts flickering. When you place the Cingular Treo 650 away from the desktop computer and monitor, everything is normal again. The weird thing is that this same problem does not occur with a Sprint Treo 650, only with the Cingular brand.

CC
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Cool app! Works well! Only thing I noticed is that it doesn't give any info for flights outside of 2 hours. Also, sometimes the time may be different versus on the carrier's website. In case of a time difference, is the app correct or is the carrier's website correct?
    In every case I've used it, when there was a time difference, the app was correct.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Here's what I know for certain: When a Cingular brand Treo 650 is retrieving data on the internet, and the device is placed next to a desktop computer, the desktop computer makes a lot of static noise and the monitor starts flickering. When you place the Cingular Treo 650 away from the desktop computer and monitor, everything is normal again. The weird thing is that this same problem does not occur with a Sprint Treo 650, only with the Cingular brand.

CC
    It happens whenever I flash a cingular phone pass my tv. That gave me the creeps at first because I didn't know what caused it. I'm just glad that I don't get that with my sprint phone.
    Cool app! Works well! Only thing I noticed is that it doesn't give any info for flights outside of 2 hours. Also, sometimes the time may be different versus on the carrier's website. In case of a time difference, is the app correct or is the carrier's website correct?
    I turst the app. Many times the airlline's web site lags the status given when you call the airline direcly.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Does Flight Status work from the SD card? I tried this but got an error message...or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks, CC.
    Never mind my previous post. Flight Status does in fact work from the SD card. I got a weird message earlier, but now it works.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12