1.    #1  
    In my hunt for a new job and talking to friendly recruiters (aka headhunters), there is a recruitment drive by a 3G R&D firm over here for Palm developers at a senior level.

Could this signify the release of a Palm 3G in Europe? Without wanting to sound like another slinky, I guess time will tell though I hope it does eventuate because GPRS is too slow
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsamac
    In my hunt for a new job and talking to friendly recruiters (aka headhunters), there is a recruitment drive by a 3G R&D firm over here for Palm developers at a senior level.

Could this signify the release of a Palm 3G in Europe? Without wanting to sound like another slinky, I guess time will tell though I hope it does eventuate because GPRS is too slow
    Please get hired, get in good with the higher ups, dig around, take photos, develop pictures and let us know when the 700P is going to be released. If you hurry, we could know by tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Please get hired, get in good with the higher ups, dig around, take photos, develop pictures and let us know when the 700P is going to be released. If you hurry, we could know by tomorrow!
    No need to hurry - that's a 2010 project at best (3G Europe + Palm)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    No need to hurry - that's a 2010 project at best (3G Europe + Palm)
    That's right, if palm is hiring NOW, that means they are at least five years
    from release of a product. (hardware 3 years... fully functional prototypes
    at least 2 years... sw/fw at least 1 year from launch date)
    Game over!
    First choose the OS for which you're going to develop. POS 5? 6? ALP? Something Palm is making in the basement?
    Isn't #G fairly wide spread around Europe? Thought it was just the cost of service that was holding it back.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.