1.    #1  
    I have been using a Treo600 since November, and yes, I realize it is not the latest and greatest, but, my question focuses more on whether or not anyone has ever had any doubts about having a PDA type phone.

I have a full-time job in Communications, and I run a smal web hosting company and I purchased my Treo in order to keep up with my business.

From time to time I think it is awesome, and other times I wonder if I have gone overboard. does anyone else ever have this feeling?

Now, I get this way because I love having my e-mail at the palm of my hand, however, I do miss things like Ring Tones and such that I use to be able to get with GetItNow through Verizon.

I have played around with this and that on RingTones and recently added something to my Treo (the name escapes me) but it is pretty cool.

Anyway, I find the biggest needs for my business and for my job as I use the Palm feature ALL day long!

So, any ideas what might be causeing this feeling? I will tell you this much, when I am away form the home or office, it is the best thing ever, sometimes when I am home, I suppose I just feel it might be overkill.

Now, I will tell you this, I gave the 700W a trial run at the VZ store, and OMG.........the internet is SO much faster than my Treo600.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone ever had these thoughts........

Maybe it is just the fact that I have the "old" technology.
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot
    So, any ideas what might be causeing this feeling? I will tell you this much, when I am away form the home or office, it is the best thing ever, sometimes when I am home, I suppose I just feel it might be overkill.

Now, I will tell you this, I gave the 700W a trial run at the VZ store, and OMG.........the internet is SO much faster than my Treo600.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone ever had these thoughts........

Maybe it is just the fact that I have the "old" technology.
    What is causing this feeling? You're not sure? Really? Here's the doctor's diagnosis. Symptoms: a Treo, hangs out on Treocentral, test drives other fancy phones. Diagnosis: severe gadget lust, a relatively benign disorder accompanied by the sound of a wallet being emptied repeatedly.

Join the club. Oh, wait. You're already a member.
    Treo 650, best d**n PDA I have ever had. I will always carry a "smartphone." Although the Treo is beyond being a "smartphone." I will die with one in my horizontal belt holster. I will be buried with whatever is my current model.

50/50 personal/business use.

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    Your forgot: Takes the time to post these feelings on Treo Central! I guess I am not alone!
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    I still have my Treo 600, but my Dad got me a cheap notebook and a Sprint Air Card, and it is so much nicer then tryin' to do anything on the Treo. I carry all my stuff around in a Timbuk2 messenger bag and is is way better then just the Treo alone
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Hey, you know, I felt like I was making excuses for buying a 650 - like I need email all of the time and I want all of my Outlook contacts at my disposal, syncing with Outlook tasks, etc. "Oh honey, I can run off with you and the kids this summer more often since I can do email anywhere with this!". The main thing was I have wanted one of these "cool tools" for years and I got it for about $100 by opening another line on my Sprint account (my daughter is finally old enough to justify a cell phone!). This way (ie. cheap) I could also justify some accessories and software that are critical for POS devices. I could not and would not justify the price of a new 700 plus add-ons. I just don't want a "phone" that can easily be damaged, lost or stolen to set me back $500+. I look at it everyday since I bought it (6 weeks now) and say what does it do that my last cell phone didn't and everyday I find something new!

I'll never be w/o a PDA phone again either!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I still have my Treo 600, but my Dad got me a cheap notebook and a Sprint Air Card, and it is so much nicer then tryin' to do anything on the Treo. I carry all my stuff around in a Timbuk2 messenger bag and is is way better then just the Treo alone
    That is a very good point - After years of buying laptops for $2K, I have determined that most of the bells and whistles are useless. I'll stick to the $500-600 versions next time.

BTW - nice avatar.

Ric says 'Wwwwoooooooooooo!"
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    I'll stick to the $500-600 versions next time.
    That's what I got. I $500 Japanese computer made in China, plus its faster than the Treo or connecting to any hotspot
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Never any doubts here. I have been a longtime Palm user, going back to the original Palm Pilot 5000. From the moment I opended that US Robotics box, popped in the batteries and looked at the pretty green screen I was hooked. That first Palm gave me what I needed at the time...organization. When the first wireless model came out, the Palm VII, I knew it was the start of something great and I knew I needed to have one.

When the VII's became more mainstream, I picked up a used one from a seller on a USENET message board. What a powerful combination, the usefulness of a Palm with the freedom of a wireless connection. Even with the VII's limited wireless functions, it was still a powerful device. Being able to walk around Washington DC and send email to my family in Hawaii was just so damned cool. Of course, once you go wireless there is no going back. I eventually upgraded to a Vx with an OmniSky modem, then when OmniSky went under I connected my Vx to my Sprint Qualcomm "thin phone".

Since then I have used a Kyocera QCP 6035, Treo 300, 600, my current 650 and soon to be 700P. Its always by my side, its always being used...its become my other brain. I have also gotten my wife and several others on the Treo bandwagon. Everyday I am doing something useful and important with my Treo and always learning something new (like how to create filterable sub-categories for contacts by using Agendus ...way cool). I will never turn to the "dark side" of WM, nor will I ever go back to a plain vanilla cellphone.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    With everything the treo does...its tough to go back to seperate devices.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

No doubts here- it's smaller than almost all other PDA's and I don't mind that it's large for a phone. Everyone spends their money on something- a Treo is where I'll sink my dough.
    I oftern see people mentioing the size of the 600/650 relative to a cell phone. I guess these same people forget carrying a PDA, Cell phone, and paper system and a laptop for business and personal use?
  13.    #13  
    Whelp, tonight is one of those nights my doubts go away. My wife and I had plans and of course I had a customer issue. Out came my handy dandy Treo600.

I was able to make phone calls to one of my techs, and in a pinch was able to open a support request with the dedicated server support staff, resolve an issue and update the customer ticket....as well as provide support via VeriChat.

Yup, tonight again proved why this is the right phone...(until I can get a new and improved model!!)
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No doubts here either. I can't live without it now. BTW, Bubbatex, I like your avatar.....Wwwwwoooooooooo. Where are the rest of the 4 horsemen?
  15.    #15  
    I was going back through the posts here, as to catch up completely with the thread that I started and I realize there is mention of a cheap laptop and wireless air card. Now, this is something that I have considered, right about up till the time I found PDANet! Now, that is great. I am sure the Wireless Card carries more speed, but my thinking this is due in large part that I am using a 600 and not a later device.

I know I got my hands on and test drove the 700W and the internet was blazing fast, and having IE instead of the browser on the 600 solved some compatability issues.

With that being said, I have used the Palm Treo on my laptop as the Wireless Internet connection, since I had my laptop with me, but, is it really feasible to have your laptop every where you go?

Once I get an upgraded phone perhaps my speeds will be faster. I am due for the New Every Two in Decemeber according to Verizon and will entertain the 700W and perhaps the 700P if it is available from VZ.

While I love Palm, 100% of my work is done through Outlook and windows, so, if it can all be in sync, I am thinking that would be nice. Anyway, that is all for now! Thanks for listening.
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    "but, is it really feasible to have your laptop every where you go?"

I have tried - but I just can't cram my laptop into my pants pocket! So, it is not feasible for me!

100% of my work is done in Outlook too - and I don't really have any problems syncing with my 650.
    It sounds like you have a sickness. Join the club!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanther
    No doubts here either. I can't live without it now. BTW, Bubbatex, I like your avatar.....Wwwwwoooooooooo. Where are the rest of the 4 horsemen?
    Dead, or drunk, or both! You know, I really didn't like the Anderson's - but Flair was always somewhat on that blurred border line between good and evil! Here's a few picts for ya: http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com...rhorsemen.html
    Last edited by bubbatex; 05/08/2006 at 02:12 PM.