1.    #1  
    I own a TREO 650.
    No carrier has hi-speed data service in my area yet; however, many are likely to be available by year's end. I do travel often, and most major cities/airports are up and running with Cingular and Verizon (mostly Verizon at this point).

My decision for my next smart phone must include the availability to use new hi-speed technology such as 3G/HSPDA. Verizon's 700w does support their hi-speed, but I have not seen clear evidence on other palms being released.

Perry - here's a food for thought article for you: http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/74109

Anyone have any information on the ability of the 700p to access these new hi-speed technologies? I want to be able to bluetooth from my laptop to my phone's hi-speed data plan. I also have been eyeing up the Motorola Q.
    Bob
    All indications are that the 700p will have EV-DO, initially on Sprint and possibly later on Verizon. I haven't heard of any plans on the GSM side.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    All indications are that the 700p will have EV-DO, initially on Sprint and possibly later on Verizon. I haven't heard of any plans on the GSM side.
    But will it be revision A, supporting Hi-speed?
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcbob
    But will it be revision A, supporting Hi-speed?
    Yes, that's an interesting question. I would certainly love for the 700p handset to have a Rev-A-capable chipset (which would work at Rev 0 speeds until the carrier's tower equipment was upgraded to Rev A, which both Sprint and Verizon will do over the next 18 months). However, we have seen no indication that the 700w supports Rev A, and my realistic expectation is that the 700p will have the same chipset and radio as the 700w. If it didn't, we probably would have seen something about the new device on the FCC certification web site by now.
    It's very unlikely that there will be any EVDO Rev. A smartphones on the market before 2007.