1.    #1  
    I don't understand the doubters, in particular the quite vocal gharrod. Perhaps I missed something, but exactly what is it you do not believe? Surely Palm will at some future time release another Palm OS PDA+phone. Do you disagree with the supected date? the model number? the specs? the purported photos? or the very existence of such a future phone?? Please enlighten me.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    C'mon. All of this energy spent on a commercial product. Two or three months after launch of the latest Palm device take a quick search and look at these old posts. They will look pretty silly.

Anyway, people who REALLY loved the Palm OS would get a tatto the same way the Harley-Davidson people do.
    Jeff DLB if you have followed the forums for any length of time you do get it. I am an acquired taste (sometimes like wine, others like arsenic) and you really need to read the words not just gloss over them. I have been fair. Ask Perry and you will see he and I are not adversaries. If this is some shilling by Palm for publicity they owe he and I a 700P as thanks! Read the link bigmattyh posted and then if you still don't get it lets discuss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    C'mon. All of this energy spent on a commercial product. Two or three months after launch of the latest Palm device take a quick search and look at these old posts. They will look pretty silly.

Anyway, people who REALLY loved the Palm OS would get a tatto the same way the Harley-Davidson people do.

Does my wearing the occasional pink button down collar oxford shirt count as a tatto?
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2006 at 06:38 AM.
    Yeah, give Gharrod a break, his bark is worse than his bite. First hand experience here,lol. He's a good guy, and prefers concrete facts opposed to some of us getting our facts from leaked pictures, etc. I know deep down inside he believes, but wants a concrete fact. Nothing wrong with that. He'll see soon enough
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yeah, check out one of the more active threads of the day if you want someone to pick on.

gharrod will get his proof soon enough. I've come to grips with the fact that the 700p will be my device at least through January 08. I know MANY WM devices will come out in the time frame with ridiculously superior hardware. That's ok. I've almost accepted that even without a 700p, I'll hang on with my 650 until then. WM has a lot of ground to make up to suit MY needs. They have some 1.5-2 yrs to do so before Palm's own PalmLinux, I think.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Yeah, check out one of the more active threads of the day if you want someone to pick on.
    I think they OT'd the thread in question...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    2 weeks!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

10.    #10  
    For the record: I am not trying to "pick on" gharrod. I am truly confused and curious.

I read the cited post, which seems to indicate the answer to my question is (1) don't doubt the existence of new PalmOS Treo at some future time, (2) doubt the pictures, (3) think the specs are not good enough but not necesssarily wrong, (4) think the release date is either wrong or a bad sign, (5) want more proof before being sure, (6) think we're making too much of a fuss over this.

My own guess, based only on TC Forum and with no inside knowledge, is that 700P pictures are real, date is soon, specs are those that we wish the 650 had had when released, and Palm will logically try to relelase as many models with incremental improvements as possible because that's how you make money in the hardware business.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB
    ...My own guess, based only on TC Forum and with no inside knowledge, is that 700P pictures are real, date is soon, specs are those that we wish the 650 had had when released, and Palm will logically try to relelase as many models with incremental improvements as possible because that's how you make money in the hardware business.
    So, by that analysis, what we'll get is still a year or more behind the current market (save EVDO) capabilities, and like M$oft, they have learned well the lesson of incrementalism.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Well here's the next best thing

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108345
    I'd say you have several "doubter" groups:

1. peeps who don't wanna be disappointed.
    2. peeps with a lingering hate for Slinky and don't wanna get burned again
    3. peeps who just love stirring things up
    4. peeps whose outlook admitedly ranges from suspicious to cynical
    5. peeps who make a living selling MS solutions

Who'd I leave out ?
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 05/04/2006 at 01:38 PM. Reason: dyslexic typing
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I'd say you have several "diubter" groups:

Who'd I leave out ?
    6. peeps who just have a hard time believing all the CONFLICTING rumors
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    There's one I left out.

But there have been two sets of rumors.....those from published sources on the web saying just about the same thing "mid year" and the "I talked a guy whose cousin dated a girl whose brother once went to a retreat with a Sprint employe and he said...."

Of course every blog site on the webcomes to TC for their "news" and soon you see Blog Site 2 crediting Blog Site 1 for a post that Blog Site 1 read on TC

Tho when I saw that the guy who 1st predicted the windows Treo then giving dates for the 700p, I felt pretty sure my original "guestimate" of April - May 15 announcement, release within 45 days of announcement would hold.

And the conflicting ones are the ones saying June versus April versus whatever.....the ones who say there's no evidence of a 700p ever coming out, well those completely baffle me.
    I'd say you have several "doubter" groups:

Who'd I leave out ?
    Peeps who like to get a rise out of Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Peeps who like to get a rise out of Perry.
    Would that include the pharmaceutical companies who have contracts supplying the PPR with meds ?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Would that include the pharmaceutical companies who have contracts supplying the PPR with meds ?
    What meds could get a rise out of Perry? Oh, nevermind.