Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That's pretty cryptic. Okay, I'll bite - Busy at what?
    I think we just found another source.
  2. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That's pretty cryptic. Okay, I'll bite - Busy at what?
    My thoughts exactly.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That's pretty cryptic. Okay, I'll bite - Busy at what?
    Well,

    if he is not here, and

    not on his site, and

    his PM box is full. . . .

    He's either dead or busy.

    I went with busy.








    P.S. No more a source for me than for everyone on TC.
  4. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #24  
    .....or gagged with a gun to his head
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  5. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    P.S. No more a source for me than for everyone on TC.
    Sure.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well,

    if he is not here, and

    not on his site, and

    his PM box is full. . . .

    He's either dead or busy.

    I went with busy.








    P.S. No more a source for me than for everyone on TC.
    Wink, wink....nod, nod...sure, I'll buy that. Got any bridges in a swamp that you'd like to sell...or maybe in a desert...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Wink, wink....nod, nod...sure, I'll buy that. Got any bridges in a swamp that you'd like to sell...or maybe in a desert...
    You'll notice he didn't reply.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    I think the biggest problem may be that the bootloader might be different and the current ROM tools won't work. Palm neutered shadow's ROM tool once...he fixed it but they are known to try and keep people from getting in there. That said, supposedly shadow has the ROM and is dissecting it...so someone did in (supposedly) in fact grab the ROM already.

    Now as to why these other people didn't...could be my original point and you need a shadow type of guy to crack into the new one to get it off. Not sure. What I do find very interesting is shadow has been awfully friggin quiet and his discussion board is pretty stale. For someone out in front of this thing...where is he and why no news from the master?
    I have hacked and cracked my share of Motorola cell phones, SHX files, PDS, ect...

    The Treo might be the same difference, might not...
    But I would love to give it a bash.

    Know where I can get a copy of the ROM?
    <img src="http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9343/scifinerd7jo.jpg" border="0">
    <img src="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9600/pirateuserbar3mz.jpg" border="0">
  9. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by aenigma
    I have hacked and cracked my share of Motorola cell phones, SHX files, PDS, ect...

    The Treo might be the same difference, might not...
    But I would love to give it a bash.

    Know where I can get a copy of the ROM?
    What ROM?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    What ROM?
    The complete treo 700 (w or p or both) with bootloader img.


    .-. . .- -.. / - .... . / - .... .-. . .- -..

    i know morse code too...
    Last edited by aenigma; 05/05/2006 at 05:38 PM.
    <img src="http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9343/scifinerd7jo.jpg" border="0">
    <img src="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9600/pirateuserbar3mz.jpg" border="0">
  11. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by aenigma
    The complete treo 700 (w or p or both) with bootloader img.


    .-. . .- -.. / - .... . / - .... .-. . .- -..

    i know morse code too...
    I may be way off base, but I don't think the P has been released yet.
  12. #32  
    Here's a therory...

    There is no 700P because it has been renamed the Treo "Strawberry"...
    It comes in a nice shade of bright red for it's coolness factor, complementing the blue "Hollywood" phone we already saw (the "Blueberry"- thus those who say there is no Hollywood would be right- since it is now the Blueberry?!). There is a "Key" needed to access the bootloader, unique for every phone, but Shadow is buzy in an "undisclosed" location working on an algorithum to crack the code. Suri's Dad has been ordered to retrieve any intel Shadow has obtained regarding New Palms or South Park Religious targets.

    Does any of that hold more water than some of the speculation we've seen?
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  13. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Here's a therory...

    There is no 700P because it has been renamed the Treo "Strawberry"...
    It comes in a nice shade of bright red for it's coolness factor, complementing the blue "Hollywood" phone we already saw. There is a "Key" needed to access the bootloader, unique for every phone, but Shadow is buzy in an "undisclosed" location working on an algorithum to crack the code. Suri's Dad has been ordered to retrieve any intel Shadow has obtained regarding New Palms or South Park Religious targets.

    Does any of that hold more water than some of the speculation we've seen?
    I heard the exact same thing from my local rep!
  14. #34  
    Well, if a Rep said it, it must be true...
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  15. #35  
    I wonder... if the 650 is touted as better than the 700W, maybe Bill G forced Palm to only release a 700P if it is in aweful colors no self-respecting businessman would carry. If the unit has to be better than WM, then at least cripple it in the business world cosmetically, giving the business- business to the 700W??? Just a thought.
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  16. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    I wonder... if the 650 is touted as better than the 700W, maybe Bill G forced Palm to only release a 700P if it is in aweful colors no self-respecting businessman would carry.
    like perrywinkle?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    It should be - hence no need for FCC filing, also the same accessories should work.
    My sources say differently as to the FCC filing being not neeeded since there are material differences in the devices there are tests which need to be completed and certified. Sorry to disappoint you. Additionally I am told the manual has to be filed also.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    like perrywinkle?
    Pearlized Lilac, Thank You.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    You'll notice he didn't reply.
  20. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hmmmmmmmm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions