Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    after the 700p a thinner treo NEEDS to be next

I'm not saying razr thin treo, I just want it slimmer and a little less intrusive
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    after the 700p a thinner treo NEEDS to be next

I'm not saying razr thin treo, I just want it slimmer and a little less intrusive

I agree totally. Thinner and w/o an antenna would be nice. However, I would rather have a battery that last's thru 12 hours of continuous use and over the top reception before those cosmetic changes.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I agree totally. Thinner and w/o an antenna would be nice. However, I would rather have a battery that last's thru 12 hours of continuous use and over the top reception before those cosmetic changes.

Cheers, Perry.
    It already exists, Perry. It's called a car charger. Just plug your Treo into your Car's battery and VIOLA! You've got a good solid 12 hours of battery life. Just don't try to start your car on a winter morning afterward...
    Did I mention a portability requirement?
    I would like to see the Treo slimmed down in thickness and lose the antenna. As long as there isn't a drop in battery life or signal reception. Having dual cameras for conferencing calls and increased memory are also important factors. All are possible with current technology.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Did I mention a portability requirement?
    My car has wheels....doesn't that make it portable?

If you're looking for 12 hours of battery time in a PDA -- have you looked at options from Timex?

I used to work for a major laptop manufacturer back in the mid 90's...and many of the marketing managers I spoke with concurred that increases in battery life were neutralized by higher powered devices and additional accessories attached to the laptop (IE USB, Firewire, etc).

If we were all happy with 386 laptops with 4MB of ram and 80MB hard drive I suspect we could get 12-18 hours of battery life today.
    Well put. . . . .that's why it probably won't get thinner. . . . . .music streaming, TV, Web Surfing. . . . .
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Well put. . . . .that's why it probably won't get thinner. . . . . .music streaming, TV, Web Surfing. . . . .
    Perry...you're not planning to go to bed for 5K are you?

I am actually perfectly happy with the current form factor -- including the antenna. I tend to keep mine horizontal in a holster so when I reach down to get it the nub of the antenna works well as a sort of handle.

I also agree that thinner is not necessarily better. I'm a large guy and some of todays technology is frankly to "dainty" for me to hold in my hand. I actually liked my Treo 270's flip because it added some distance between the speaker and the mic and made more comfortable to use. But...talk about DAINTY...I think I went through at least 5 of them because the flips kept snapping off for a variety of reasons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Perry...you're not planning to go to bed for 5K are you?

I am actually perfectly happy with the current form factor -- including the antenna. I tend to keep mine horizontal in a holster so when I reach down to get it the nub of the antenna works well as a sort of handle.

I also agree that thinner is not necessarily better. I'm a large guy and some of todays technology is frankly to "dainty" for me to hold in my hand. I actually liked my Treo 270's flip because it added some distance between the speaker and the mic and made more comfortable to use. But...talk about DAINTY...I think I went through at least 5 of them because the flips kept snapping off for a variety of reasons...

Hmmmm . . . . . . . .another horizontal holster antenna pulling guy. . . . . . .must be something with those northern "M" states. . . . .
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Hmmmm . . . . . . . .another horizontal holster antenna pulling guy. . . . . . .must be something with those northern "M" states. . . . .
    Down Ghandi! Sheesh...I'm wearing spandex here...watch it with the "antenna pulling guy" comments!!

I suppose you're gunna expect me to up the "i" on my avatar to an "M" now?
    I don't personally like the look of the supposed "Hollywood" it looks too much like a blackberry. I think the blackberry's look like those toy personal organizers for kids from the mid-90s. The Treo is sleek and stylish as is. If they do remove the antenna, they have to make it slimmer. It would look silly otherwise.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    what about making an aftermarket smaller stub antennae? like a shorter nub antennae, is there such a thing?

does the treo's antenna really add that much reception?
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    what about making an aftermarket smaller stub antennae? like a shorter nub antennae, is there such a thing?

does the treo's antenna really add that much reception?
    Some say yes, some say no.

Having read threads where people have lost their antenna stub and have zero reception -- I fall into the some say yes category.

Cheers, Perry.
    I've heard it's a CDMA v. GSM thing. You'll see a lot more GSM phones wihtout antennaes. My 8125 gets better reception in most places than my Sprint TReo 650 did - don't know if that's carrier, phone, or antennae related, but my guess it's a combination. It's just my recollection that there aren't many CDMA phones wihtout antennaes.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    not to double post - but I'll do it anyway: http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1712

Looks like RIM has decided to "copy" a Treo. I agree w/Haggar, I like the current size and I like something that feels solid when typing. Maybe a mm thinner would be ok, but I do like the width.

(Haggar - please note TWO spaces after each sentence. I do that regularly, but I did not think curly could comprehend that!)
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Carry a 6600 for a while...the treo is tiny.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I don't personally like the look of the supposed "Hollywood" it looks too much like a blackberry. I think the blackberry's look like those toy personal organizers for kids from the mid-90s. The Treo is sleek and stylish as is. If they do remove the antenna, they have to make it slimmer. It would look silly otherwise.
    Not kissing your n00b, but I totally agree...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Not kissing your n00b, but I totally agree...
    Speaking of kissing your , tell me more about your Avatar...

I agree with your agreement of the general consensus.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I agree with your agreement of the general consensus.
    and as my son likes to quote from one of his favorite books:
    That presumed presumption wasn't disproved not to be a fact.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    got to be lawyers
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast