Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I gotta say, it's not rumored that OS 10.5 will have "hooks" for a supposed apple PDA. I wonder....if apple were to buy palm, would we have an apple treo? That would be sooooo awesome.
    The only companies Apple ever brought were small media creation application companies.
    How about Zero?

Even if they did hook-up, the result would be a mongrel...
    Are they engaged? Where are they registered?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Sounds like a long shot, but wow! Think of how Apple could help clean up the Palm mess.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Palm really doen not have much to offer... They own no OS, and anyone can make a Treo-like phone. Apple can do better staring from scratch with a better OS and hardware UI
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    The only companies Apple ever brought were small media creation application companies.

And the odd OS company NEXT.

Palm really doen not have much to offer... They own no OS, and anyone can make a Treo-like phone. Apple can do better staring from scratch with a better OS and hardware UI
    But they can take the POS and make it SO much better and their industrial design department is the best!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I don't think palm can offer anything that would interest apple.
    I'd rather see a purely apple creation - uninterfered with by a wireless carrier even.
    Two - slim and none.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    rumor had it that Apple was going to be reselling/private lableing a wireless service ala Disney/Espn and Virgin Mobile. Now THAT would be too cool.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    hmmm. but a white treo would be UGLY
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    hmmm. but a white treo would be UGLY
    So wrong little grasshopper, a white Treo the size of a Nano - that would be BEAUTIFUL!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    So wrong little grasshopper, a white Treo the size of a Nano - that would be BEAUTIFUL!
    with itty bitty tiny keyboard, stylus use would be a must just to hit the right key.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    A White Treo may be ugly... but a special edition Black U2 Apple Treo with "How to dismantle a bomb" in it for Jack Baur/24 fans might be awesome.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I gotta say, it's not rumored that OS 10.5 will have "hooks" for a supposed apple PDA. I wonder....if apple were to buy palm, would we have an apple treo? That would be sooooo awesome.
    I doubt it. What does Palm have that Apple can't develop with their own talent?
    And Lets not forget the little fact that Jeff Hawkins (Palm OS Creator, Handspring and The Treo) worked for Apple Co.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    with itty bitty tiny keyboard, stylus use would be a must just to hit the right key.
    Who needs a keyboard - you KNOW Steve will insist on full voice recognition without training; he'll get the needed memory by limiting song storage to 100 tunes at a time.
    Steve Jobs would never put the Apple or I-Tunes name on anything that was only limited to 100 songs..... Oh.... Nevermind!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GXMONT
    And Lets not forget the little fact that Jeff Hawkins (Palm OS Creator, Handspring and The Treo) worked for Apple Co.
    As far as I'm concerned, Jeff is still at Palm because of his stock options. He's too busy with his brain tumor company to care.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast