Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    So wrong little grasshopper, a white Treo the size of a Nano - that would be BEAUTIFUL!

If Apple were in charge; then we would get a new phone every 8 to 12 months which would be ok! One thing we would be still waiting for Bluetooth to be implemented!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    A White Treo may be ugly... but a special edition Black U2 Apple Treo with "How to dismantle a bomb" in it for Jack Baur/24 fans might be awesome.
    Ditto! I have the U2 iPod. It's sweet
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    the TREO is a very difficult device to develop

it might be in Apple's interest to purchase the rights to it, and then create technology around it

the only reason to purchase Palm is because of the Treo
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    the TREO is a very difficult device to develop

it might be in Apple's interest to purchase the rights to it, and then create technology around it

the only reason to purchase Palm is because of the Treo
    Is there anything ELSE left at Palm? I mean really, when's the last time you saw someone using a Zire in public?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Is there anything ELSE left at Palm? I mean really, when's the last time you saw someone using a Zire in public?
    The PDA is dead, unless it is on a phone. Palm is ripe for some company to buy them, dump everything but the Treo (if there's anything left) and bring the Treo up to date with memory, size, processor, wifi, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    The PDA is dead, unless it is on a phone. Palm is ripe for some company to buy them, dump everything but the Treo (if there's anything left) and bring the Treo up to date with memory, size, processor, wifi, etc.
    Here here! Apple, Dell, somebody buy them up and give M$oft a run for its money (yes, I'm solidly in the WM5-8125 camp NOW, but I like choices too).
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    In public? Hmmm...can't say as I've ever seen them in public. They are usually being used by folks who are locked up in dark, padded rooms watching "Leave It To Beaver" 24/7.

They also make great coasters...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    In public? Hmmm...can't say as I've ever seen them in public. They are usually being used by folks who are locked up in dark, padded rooms watching "Leave It To Beaver" 24/7.

They also make great coasters...
    So, you're saying I should have looked UNDER the beer...
    Back to the topic sports fans....

An Apple-Palm merger would make a lot of sense. Since we know (or think we know) that the "innards" of the 700w and 700p would be the same, the 700 can be just as schizophrenic as the latest dual boot Apple (OS X or WIndows XP, pick your poison through the boot loader).
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Back to the topic sports fans....

An Apple-Palm merger would make a lot of sense. Since we know (or think we know) that the "innards" of the 700w and 700p would be the same, the 700 can be just as schizophrenic as the latest dual boot Apple (OS X or WIndows XP, pick your poison through the boot loader).
    I'm not a programmer...nor do I have a technical background...so this is just a bit of pondering on my part...but...

Since OSX is built on Unix, would there be any advantages to an "Apple Palm" that ran on Linux? Would have a similar core operating system mean anything?
    I'm not a programmer...nor do I have a technical background...so this is just a bit of pondering on my part...but...

Since OSX is built on Unix, would there be any advantages to an "Apple Palm" that ran on Linux? Would have a similar core operating system mean anything?
    The parallels are intriguing. Unix/Linux cores on the Apple side, Windows/WM5 on the other. Just think what Jobs could do with the "have it your way" campaign he has now started on the Apple side. If there's software that postively, absolutely, requires Windows, you can use it. If not, stay with OSX.

Think about it - use 4gb flash memory like a Nano, with separate OS roms, and you have one h#!! of a device. Maximum Palm and WM5 compatibility - one device sells all from a carrier perspective - and not locked into the dreaded M$oft jaugernaut - nor te never ending fear of a disappearing Palm.

My god, Perry and Surur could both be happy winners.

MAKE IT SO!
    Haggar - we even have a new model number for this puppy: 900PMS!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Here ya go...not quite what you were asking for...but...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    In all it's glory?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In all it's glory?
    Quick! Send that to Engadget!

Nice job BTW
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

AWESOME !!
    Here here! Apple, Dell, somebody buy them up and give M$oft a run for its money (yes, I'm solidly in the WM5-8125 camp NOW, but I like choices too).
    Dude! I spent three hours pitching a customer on that phone this morning. (Yes, they bought it.)
    One question. Is there no hard button to take you back to the today screen like the 6700 has? Because that is truly suck-tacular if that's the case!!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Does the 8125 get GSM's version of EDVO?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    In all it's glory?
    Once again, nice job. To infinity and beyo... oops, wrong guy.
    Yes. Yes it was.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast