Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    ok, it just took a plunge. some water under the screen, but hey, after some drying under the sun it works again!

am really proud of that little machine after I had to exchange 6 or 7 devices because of malfunctions. stopped counting after some time.

if I wouldnt love the functionality of this treo, I'd move on.

but now with a device that made the plunge I may soon have to buy a new phone.

question: is there a successor with palm OS on the horizon?

or can people recommend something they've come across?

sorry if my questions seem naive, havent been following treo news for quite a while.
    There is speculation of a new PalmOS Treo (700p) being announced in 2 weeks. I'd wait and see if it does, in fact, get announced.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber
    ok, it just took a plunge. some water under the screen, but hey, after some drying under the sun it works again!
    Mine did not swim But I think actually it was my fault because I couldn't manage to get the battery out immediately when it got wet.
    3 days in a ziploc with 3-4 of those silca gel packets that electronics come with can work wonders for a final drying it out. . . . . . .(remove the battery if you haven't already and do not turn it on until it is dried out.)

Many threads on the subject, search for "water"

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    the phone is working quite fine again, the moisture under the screen has disappeared, just a strange bug showed up.

each night at exactly 3.05 am the treo goes to sleep.

meaning: I have to re-insert the battery for the screen and functions to come back.

what could that be?!