Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    what kind of paint would you reccomend? i dont want it to wear off obviously.
    Kustom Kolors spray cans for plastic model cars... availble at WalMart. Easy to paint and dries fast! Buy a model car first to practice... or an extra Treo or 2.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Kustom Kolors spray cans for plastic model cars... availble at WalMart. Easy to paint and dries fast! Buy a model car first to practice... or an extra Treo or 2.

who sells the full case? ive seen a place sell it without the battery covor
    performancepda.com sells them, but for sprint only (no SIM tray slot). Good if you want to paint a dark color since they come in a dark blue.

I actually cut my own SIM slot and painted a Verizon case... came out OK. You will also need masking tape (get the blue stuff) and some x-acto blades.

I used a metallic base coat and a pearl top coat (no clear coat) to bling out one phone. Another I used the paint they use on RC cars since it comes in a semi gloss finish, which mached up almost 100% to the original Cingular grey.

The better hobby shops also sell good primer that fill in scratches pretty well and hides the original plastic color.
    i would want to paint mine a dark metallic blue/black.. darker then the sprint version
    Quote Originally Posted by mademan118
    i would want to paint mine a dark metallic blue/black.. darker then the sprint version
    Kustom Kolors has a nice pearl black
  7.    #7  
    any website? spray and leave it? or do i need a clear coat?
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    any website? spray and leave it? or do i need a clear coat?
    That would depend on the effect you want. If you wanted it to be very glossy, then a glossy clearcoat would be best. However if you want satin finish, then you could probably get away without it. I'd say paint it first and decide if you like it the way it looks. Personally, I would recommend a hard clearcoat for extra protection, but it's totally up to you.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  9.    #9  
    well i dont want it to flake off. i use a pouch so the phone is getting touched from all around when i put it in the pouch and take it out. i dont want it glossy tho. thats for sure. probably flat.
    Just a thought, but have you considered appliance spraypaint? Its epoxy based and it should not wear off or flake. They sell it at Home Depot and it gives a very nice finish.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  11.    #11  
    yeah ive seen that, but its limited it blk and white.

i wanted something with flakes in it..maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Just a thought, but have you considered appliance spraypaint? Its epoxy based and it should not wear off or flake. They sell it at Home Depot and it gives a very nice finish.
    It's only for metal.

The paint for RC cars is pretty good if you want a flat finish. It is flat since it is painted on the underside of the clear polypropelene shell... the poly provides the gloss.

Prepping is the hard part. either lightly sand the existing finish or sand it all off.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    You really want vinyl die, it's like spray paint but actually soaks into the plastic so gives a better finish and doesn't flake off when knocked
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk
    You really want vinyl die, it's like spray paint but actually soaks into the plastic so gives a better finish and doesn't flake off when knocked
    Where do you buy it? is there a good color selection?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    You should be able to get it from car styling places. The brand I've used is Folia Tec, although there are other manufacturers.

Noticed I spelt it wrong, should be dye not die
  16.    #16  
    i found it. SEM has the best plastic paints.

http://www.autostyles.com/sem.htm
  17.    #18  
    i know about them bc i painted the interior of my car, after reading over i remembers when this guy said dye.
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    i know about them bc i painted the interior of my car, after reading over i remembers when this guy said dye.
    Let us know how it works out on your phone...
    You can also try Krylon Fusion which comes in quite a few colors. I've used it on a Treo 300 and it worked great.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast