Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    here r some more pics.

the first one is a brighter pic of the keys installed.

the battery covor

sim card tray

and the puch button to open the battery covor
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #62  
    more pics.

the 2 plugs on the back and the faceplate
  3.    #63  
    stylus
    sd card tip (i thought of it all)
    the back that is still drying
    antenna
    That looks really nice! I'm interested in seeing how it finally turns out...

5.    #65  
    i give you.

my idea of black tie.
  6.    #66  
    im uploading a video, stay tuned..
    Do you have a brighter picture of that last one?

8.    #68  
    yes
  9.    #69  
    the movie is 2 big of a file to upload. forget it
    Not bad, are the keys any harder to press?

11.    #71  
    no they arent. everything went in perfect.
  12.    #72  
    got the skins in.
    Awesome. I was hoping for a bling' out chrome version.
    Is that a black skin or the black tie 650?
    diane
  15.    #75  
    its painted black.
    Nice work everyone. I'm getting ready to venture into painting my phone also. Something along the lines of the blacktie, but adding another color to the mix to give it just a subtle distinction.

A question for anyone - is there a good paint to use for the chrome (the silver used on the D-pad, nearby buttons and the frame around the screen)? I ordered one of those skin packs months ago and had the red one on for a while, then decided to take it off. Imagine the look of disappointment I had when removing the skin peeled off a bit of the chrome from the front face of my Treo - It went from to . While I still have a considerable amount of chrome in most areas, I'd like to be able to fill in these gaps. Any suggestions?

Oh, BTW - I still have the Black and Yellow Skin packs un-used if anyone wants them. If my story hasn't frightened you away from these skin packs, send me a message.
  17.    #77  
    i wouldnt paint those buttons bc then u wont be able to see the light through it. unless your talking about painting arround it. i took that chrome peice off. its held on by clue. i took a razor blade to pried it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    i wouldnt paint those buttons bc then u wont be able to see the light through it. unless your talking about painting arround it. i took that chrome peice off. its held on by clue. i took a razor blade to pried it out.

Okay, so it's held on by glue, interesting. Just to confirm, the areas I'm focusing on are around the top of the piece we're talking about, not necessarily the buttons - above the ear-speaker but below the mute switch (only mentioned the buttons to help give an distinction on which color I was talking about, since every color on this phone could be called "silver" more or less).

Since it can be pried off, I guess I could do the same. I found a chrome paint that might be able to do the job for me:

http://www.kustomrides.com/chromepaint.htm

Since it's only the edges I have chipping on, I could tape up the other parts that should not be painted, then apply the spray and see what happens.

Any advice on which tapes adhere to the phone, but don't remove anything when peeled? I think I remember someone mentioning about a 'blue tape'?
  19.    #79  
    yes blue tape. lowes orhome depot, they sell tape in the paint sections...and its blue.
    Thanks. I'm going to get started on this Sunday morning. Per nonobeez suggestion, I'm going to Walmart right now to check out these paints he endorses so much I'll hit the home depot / lowes stores tonight for the tape.

I'd like to get a nice metallic black look to my phone, something not too shiny or glossy, but offers a humble shine when light is on it. Just like the default Cingular / non-branded Treo base color now, just in black.

Fortunately for me, I have a friend who's loaning me a cell phone that I can use while all this is happening.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast