1.    #1  
    I have a pay as you go plan with Verizon on a T650. I keep it this way cause I only use the phone side of it for emergencys.

My ex and I really dont get along that well but we manage due to our son. etc etc.

Anyway, I hate her calling me on the cell phone so Ive basically told her that I dont keep minutes on it. It took awhile for her to stop calling but now she has. On the other hand, itd be nice to allow her to contact me in rare situations (dont want to use the word emergency concerning her cause 1) shes the type where EVERYTHING is an emergency and 2) NOTHING is EVER an emergency with her) I dont want her to call me if I tell her Ive got minutes on the phone but I would like to be able to communicate with her should something come up where either she or I are running late for the hand offs with my son.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Was there even a question embedded in that post? If so, what was it?
  3.    #3  
    Last sentence:

"Do you guys have any suggestions"

For instance, is there anyway to turn a vm into a sms? etc? or, I dunno, Im just looking for a way around giving her my cell number and her calling me 2-3xs a day (about some mundane chyt that she couldve waited to talk to me about when I call to say gnight to the kid or whatever) when I dont have that many minutes to burn.
    There is no spoon.
    A couple of options come to mind. Neither of them too "neat and tidy" though.

1. Using Gmail (may work with other online accounts), you could create an email account just for her to use and have it forward the message to your phone. You may just receive a notification and actually have to go online to read it. You may incur SMS charges for this, too. Don't know how it works on Verizon.

2. Add a program like BuzzOff or CallFilter. With either one, you can program specific phone numbers or contacts to go directly to voicemail. She'd still have to have your number but it would cut down on the minutes used. I've been using BuzzOff and blocked or filtered callers don't even pop up on the screen. It's pretty automatic.

Those are the easiest solutions I can think of.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Depending on your ISP, you could have an e-mail address set up that forwards to your cell phone number. Or, you could do vonage...they allow you to set up a number that rings both on your home phone and a cell phone.
    just don't answere the phone when you see her number calling you. let it go to voice mail then listen to the voice mail and decide to call back or not.
    I like the last answer best.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by protonpump
    just don't answere the phone when you see her number calling you. let it go to voice mail then listen to the voice mail and decide to call back or not.
    That is what I do with my business phone...if a message is left, then it is important and I will call back...I know, I am bad, but I get way to many unnecissary calls for stupid questions in my profesion in the late hours of the night, so if there is no message, then it wasn't important, or panic call. Oh, but then again, your ex makes things sound like an emergency even though it isn't...she sucks! That is a hard thing to guage.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Here's a tip for you: be much more selective in your choice for wife #2!
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Or...don't remarry...just be a Gigolo.
    at&t iPhone3G
  11.    #11  
    hahaha yeah thanks for the last 2 posts. Im MUCH more selective now.

sigh.

Im wondering if I give her my email address, then set up a rule to forward it to me SMS addy, would that work.

Id of course have to set up a return rule when I reply to her (I wouldnt reply to her directly Id go back thru MY account) Wonder if that would work. Would I have to keep a pc on all the time or do most mail hosts allow for rules?
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    u mite could add the unlimited In txt for like $5 on your phone. if she doesnt have it it will cost her everytime she txts you but will never cost you more
    [QUOTE=bheuss]2. Add a program like BuzzOff or CallFilter. With either one, you can program specific phone numbers or contacts to go directly to voicemail. She'd still have to have your number but it would cut down on the minutes used. I've been using BuzzOff and blocked or filtered callers don't even pop up on the screen. It's pretty automatic.QUOTE]

I cant understand why this would not be the perfect solution?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Well if you are on CNG or TM.....Give her a phone with a $20 prepaid SIM on the same network as you. Tell her you will only answer calls from this number cause you won't be charged for the minutes. After the $20 is gone, it's her problem.