Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    cingulars plan for a UMTS/HSDPA palm is Q2 2007...
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Look at coverage...IMHO, then go with Sprint if coverage is good.
    go with sprint, no doubt. forget about that nasty old gsm technology. be an american, go CDMA
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
  3.    #23  
    so sprint here i come. Going to do a SERO plan and get my company discount
    congratulations, welcome to the superior choice in wireless communications
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer
    Actually 'light years' is not a long time; it's a long DISTANCE. A light year is the distance that light travels in a year.
    yes, of course. what i was trying to say is it takes a real long time for light to travel that far..... even longer if not traveling at speed of light.
    Quote Originally Posted by mademan118
    cingulars plan for a UMTS/HSDPA palm is Q2 2007...
    I can't get any independent confirmation of much of anything and don't trust the carriers.

"The first wireless carrier to deploy HSDPA, Cingular expects to offer UMTS/HSDPA services in 15 to 20 markets by the end of this year [2005]. By the end of 2006, Cingular expects HSPDA network coverage into most major U.S. markets"

http://www.the3gportal.com/3gpnews/archives/007514.html
    http://www.mobiletracker.net/archive...cingular-hsdpa

As for what's done and why I don't trust teh carriers, January 27th, 3 months ago PC mag reported:

Cingular had 16
    Sprint and Verizon had 60

"For now, you connect to HSDPA using one of two laptop PC Cards, in one of 16 metro areas Cingular has hooked up. (See our slide show for metro area maps.) More cities will come starting in April, and by the end of the year dozens of cities will be covered, according to Cingular. Both Sprint and Verizon now have high-speed coverage in more than 60 metro areas, but their networks have been up longer."

There are rumors tho that CNG may delay their rollout:

".....but some are floating the idea that the real holdup is a shortcoming in the rest of the infrastructure — i.e. not enough decent handsets in production and not enough services and applications being built to capitalize on the speed of HSDPA."

http://cellphones.engadget.com/2005/...etwork-rollout

That's been one of my fears ... that Palm will introduce a HSDPA 1.8 device here in US instead of HSDPA 3.6
  7.    #27  
    i know i have read that also, but keep in mind as we all knowm cingular takes FOREVER to release phones, and to havev a Palm version supporting HSDPA i do not believe will be out by the end of 2006. They just put out there new hot 8125, when that phone has already been out (Qtek 9100/ I-Mate) for quite some time now. I have no doubt in my mind that there will be one, but i do not believe it will be any time soon (meaning within the next 6-7 months).
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Just got two free Treo 650's from Sprint, with new 2 year activation and porting numbers from another carrier. After thirty days, I can put them on a shared plan. Based on that plus the inexpensive unlimited data plan- $22.00 for two phones on a family plan. I would say that Sprint is definitely the way to go on a budget.
    tedcousens,

How did you manage to get 2 free Treos from Sprint? I want that! I'm out of contract on T-Mobile so I'm ripe for a switch.
  10.    #30  
    now if hte 700p would only come out..
    i know i have read that also, but keep in mind as we all knowm cingular takes FOREVER to release phones, and to havev a Palm version supporting HSDPA i do not believe will be out by the end of 2006. They just put out there new hot 8125, when that phone has already been out (Qtek 9100/ I-Mate) for quite some time now. I have no doubt in my mind that there will be one, but i do not believe it will be any time soon (meaning within the next 6-7 months).
    With Vodaphone rumored to have the next GSM Treo in July, I don't think a USA version can be that far behind. There's also Colligan's "4 Treos this year"statement ... one of them gotta be GSM. I still think we'll see GSM Treo here in US September - November.
  12.    #32  
    I won't doubt that we will see a GSM Treo, but do you really think cingular will put it out right away? They took nearly 5 months to put out the 8125. I just find it hard to believe that there will be a treo out for Cingular by the end of 2006.. Plus with the Spritn Sero plans, cingular can not match them as for what they offer.
  13.    #33  
    i have a question.. If i were to go to this plan in lets say the middle of may how long would i ahve to exchange the phone i get from them to the 700p? I dont watn to miss this deal with the SERO, i heard it is ending in June. is it 30 days or 14 days?
    i have a question.. If i were to go to this plan in lets say the middle of may how long would i ahve to exchange the phone i get from them to the 700p? I dont watn to miss this deal with the SERO, i heard it is ending in June. is it 30 days or 14 days?

14 day one-time exchange. I.E. you can't get a treo 650 and keep trading out until the 700p is released, I already checked
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    I'm pretty much sitting in that same boat. I've been with T-Mobile since they were Voicestream and honestly I'm pretty happy with them, but my Treo 600 needs a new friend and a SERO plan with a 700P is definitely enough for me to come over, hopefully it's in time.
    The problem with Sprint and Verizon is that their treos do not work in most other countries. GSM phones work all over. I moved from Verizon to Cingular for this reason.
  17.    #37  
    i do not travel that often to other questions, and i do have a a razor laying around on cingulars network so going to europe shouldnt be a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by revhoban
    The problem with Sprint and Verizon is that their treos do not work in most other countries. GSM phones work all over. I moved from Verizon to Cingular for this reason.
    That is why Europe needs to get on the bus, and catch up with times by utilizing the ever superior CDMA technology.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    congratulations, welcome to the superior choice in wireless communications
    Sprint should be cutting us a check from time to time Lovedatreo...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Spint has been pretty good to me. No dropped calls and data has been pretty quick on the Treo 650. Been with them since 2001. They give me a somewhat good deal. I'm recently switched to the Fair & Flex plan. I originally had the Free and clear and was paying $39.99 for 500 mins/$5 for 7pm starting time/$15 for unlimited data.

Now have 550 mins (and only $5 for every 50 mins if I go over) + 6pm starting time + unlimited data + 500 SMS text msgs all for $48 a month. Hell, they even threw in free Sanyo MM-8300 for $0 AND credited my account for $150 when the Treo 700p comes out.

Guess it pays to call and say you are going to cancel!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast