1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I searched but not too deeply, and I did not see this mentioned here. Found a cool little app that is an Add in on Outlook 2003. It works as such, you download it from www.weatheraddin.com, install, choose your location, hit get weather, then your Calendar in outlook is populated with 'no time' events which have the forecast for how ever many days ahead you choose. Then since your outlook has these events entered into it, you can then transfer it to your Palm via a HotSync. Pretty cool I thought.

Also, Mods, I was not too sure where this should have gone as this has nothing to do with palm, except the fact it works in Outlook then is synced to get the info over top the treo. So feel free to move this post to the appropiate sub-forum.
    Nice thought, but they want $10 for it. There are Treo-specific programs such as xWeather, etc. that do much more, don't unnecessarily expand your calendar DB, and are independent of a desktop host for about the same price.

Treos have on-the-fly data capability - weather reports are changing often with the increasing effects of global warming - why rely on offline data when you can get a current report anywhere you have data connectivity?

As for desktop solutions, I'd just run Firefox as your browser and get forecastfox (http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/). Great results, doesn't clog up your calendar, and you can set it to update at regular intervals.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Cool Weather is free is your want it on your Treo.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    Nice thought, but they want $10 for it. There are Treo-specific programs such as xWeather, etc. that do much more, don't unnecessarily expand your calendar DB, and are independent of a desktop host for about the same price.

Treos have on-the-fly data capability - weather reports are changing often with the increasing effects of global warming - why rely on offline data when you can get a current report anywhere you have data connectivity?

As for desktop solutions, I'd just run Firefox as your browser and get forecastfox (http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/). Great results, doesn't clog up your calendar, and you can set it to update at regular intervals.
    Thanks for the enlightenment. W/ the firefox add in, does it add it to Outlook? I like the fact that I can see em in both places, desktop, treo. I would be nice if xWeather, or some other like weather prog would export to the calendar.