Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm sell us the 700p. I don't care if I end up being a beta tester, just sell it! I'm ready to buy!

I want the subtle enhancements to the OS that will make using the treo a joy.

I want the EVDO speeds.

My treo 650 is just too reliable. I want the 700p to play with and tweak. I want to explore it and learn all of its intimate details. I'll love it . . . even with its faults. I know its got bugs . . . but so do I, we will make it just fine. We will communicate our needs clearly. "low battery" u say, here let me lovingly recharge you. "I'm bored," Treo will entertain me with news and data to my hearts content. I was attracted to u when u were just a teenager, oh our early days as the treo 300. We continued, I waa infatuated with u when u went to 600 . . . I know u so well now at 650 that I am attached to u, content, secure and at peace. Let's spice things up, give me a tweaked OS, that makes handling u second nature. . . we will move in unision together. two, yet working as one.

Nothing can come between us, don't try to sell me some ppc 6700 or anything else. I'm fully committed to the Treo.

Palm please help, release the Sprint Treo 700p.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    <stepping away>
  3.    #3  
    I've found myself on TC more and more gazing into the eyes of my Treo until I fall asleep.

Grrrr . . . Perry . . . make room . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    Palm sell us the 700p. I don't care if I end up being a beta tester, just sell it! I'm ready to buy!

I want the EVDO speeds.

My treo 650 is just too reliable. I want the 700p to play with and tweak. I want to explore it and learn all of its intimate details. I'll love it . . . even with its faults. I know its got bugs . . . but so do I, we will make it just fine. We will communicate our needs clearly. "low battery" u say, here let me lovingly recharge you. "I'm bored," Treo will entertain me with news and data to my hearts content. I was attracted to u when u were just a teenager, oh our early days as the treo 300. We continued, I waa infatuated with u when u went to 600 . . . I know u so well now at 650 that I am attached to u, content, secure and at peace. Let's spice things up, give me a tweaked OS, that makes handling u second nature. . . we will move in unision together. two, yet working as one.

Nothing can come between us, don't try to sell me some ppc 6700 or anything else. I'm fully committed to the Treo.

I appreciate your impatience and I say this respectfully, your post is one of the reasons Palm can afford to give us minor updates instead of a truly new product. You are by no means are the only one, I have helped with my many Palm purchases as have many on this forum. I would love for Palm to get spanked a time or two financially so they would either put out a cutting edge product (something they've refused to do since the 600) or go away.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I appreciate your impatience and I say this respectfully, your post is one of the reasons Palm can afford to give us minor updates instead of a truly new product. You are by no means are the only one, I have helped with my many Palm purchases as have many on this forum. I would love for Palm to get spanked a time or two financially so they would either put out a cutting edge product (something they've refused to do since the 600) or go away.
    Agree, we have to render the Pentagon...I mean Palm powerless, so we can get the cutting edge device, but we are all suckers.
    at&t iPhone3G
  6.    #6  
    financially, they've got a winner, minor tweaks like the sony walkman and ipod as the market is ready for it. that's their strat. Jeff Hawkins says they have something as big as the treo in development to be released in 3 yrs or so.

At this point palm can afford to create a product that is not well accepted by the market. all must be winners until they have completed the transition away from PDAs. just my thoughts

I want the EVDO speeds.

In other words...you like the journey and get board with the destination?...then the silly season starts all over again.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    In other words...you like the journey and get board with the destination?...then the silly season starts all over again.
    You just described all of us!
    financially, they've got a winner, minor tweaks like the sony walkman and ipod as the market is ready for it. that's their strat. Jeff Hawkins says they have something as big as the treo in development to be released in 3 yrs or so.

At this point palm can afford to create a product that is not well accepted by the market. all must be winners until they have completed the transition away from PDAs. just my thoughts
    Yup. Every device from Palm needs to be a homerun, at least for the forseeable future. I truly hope the 700p is fantastic..... I want Palm to stick around.
    Visit my smartphone website :
    Smartphone Reviews
    Reviews & news on all smartphones - including the Treo line.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrown71
    Yup. Every device from Palm needs to be a homerun, at least for the forseeable future. I truly hope the 700p is fantastic..... I want Palm to stick around.
    I agree, but if the specs that have been touted here are what's actually on the phone, I will not buy. It will be more of a minor upgrade that a new product worth $400 to $500 and I'll be headed to the dark side and the 8125.
    I agree with geatches on this one. At one point I couldn't wait for the release of the 700p. Then I decided not to get the 700p unless it is a substantial upgrade from the T650.

I won't go over the "dark side" for a different phone. I'll continue to use my trouble free Sprint/T650.

Chuck
    I agree, but if the specs that have been touted here are what's actually on the phone, I will not buy. It will be more of a minor upgrade that a new product worth $400 to $500 and I'll be headed to the dark side and the 8125.
    If the specs are true then I must say that even though I don't feel the need to switch to a competitor product just yet I'll also be less likely inclined to upgrade to the Treo 700P. After all I was hoping for more than just going from Palm Garnet 5.4.8 to Garnet 5.4.9. Can someone explain what real improvement there is between the two Garnet versions? As for the hardware the increased memory is wanted but I'm a little dissappointed in the camera specs. A 1.3 MP camera is a good improvement over the Treo 650 but lacking a L.E.D. flash found in similar devices. Palm could pull ahead of competitors by offering a 2 MP camera with L.E.D. flash in the back with 1.3 MP camera on the front of the device for video conference calls. As it stands now I'll most likely hold off till the Treo "Hollywood" release and if Palm is listening I have no interest in going back to Windows. So hopefully Palm will by the time Hollywood is released have ALP (Access Linux Platform) installed as the OS instead of Windows Mobile 5.0.
    Please stick around though!! Dark siders are always welcome.

Opps -- some Treo owners are Dark Siders!

New name required:

TREO (OS MELTING POT) CENTRAL !!

Cheers, Perry.
    I couldn't go a day without your optimism!
    I couldn't go a day without your optimism!
    Ditto...
    at&t iPhone3G
    yes
    I've got a $150 Sprint credit burning a hole in my wallet, that technically I'm not supposed to have. I'm not putting it in the "A Sprint rep told me..." thread. This was a payoff from a Sprint store manager, who a month ago swore there was no "P" coming.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...949#post935949

Yesterday, he told me it IS coming. I have his business card with a handwritten note giving me a manager's discretionary discount for $150 toward the purchase. He labled it on the card as "NFYHUP". I forget what it stands for.

No, he didn't have a date, but confirmed the date has been pushed back a couple times. He knew nothing about the 700W or 700i coming to Sprint.
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 04/23/2006 at 08:24 PM.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I have a buck fifty burning in my wallet too...I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait.
    at&t iPhone3G
  19.    #19  
    well I'm ready to buy now. just ebayed a TX and have been stickin my a monthly (entertainment/lunch out allowance) in my drawer for the past 8 months or so that the wife gives me (while she blows hers on things like lunch out at work!). And I still have my 650 I can sell when the time comes. only problem is didn't save for my wife too, and afraid she's get jealous and want to upgrade too. every time she says she doesn't want to upgrade . . . current treo is fine . . . then ends up changing her mind . . . 300 to 600 to 650 to 700? we shall see. however this time I think the 650 is a worthy treo for her to stay with. the 600 was not.
    ...Palm please help, release the Sprint Treo 700p.
    The Treo 6XX's owner's lament:

Please release me, let me go
    For I don't love you anymore
    To waste our lives would be a sin
    Release me and let me love again
    ease release me let me go
    for I don't love you anymore

release me and let me love again.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast