Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know it's a guess and nothing more, but I'm just curious what the Treocentral higher-thinkers think about this.
    Maybe.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Kinda sorta
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I think it'll work.
    there's a chance
    it works on the 700 W so why not on the P
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    of course it might, but then again it might not.

I assume it will.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I will definately state infactically & with 100% certainty that it may undoubtably work on the 700p
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.
    The only issue is having to get a new license if you already use it on the 650 or 600. I'm not sure if TomTom supports transferring a license from one device to another...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    I'm not sure if TomTom supports transferring a license from one device to another...
    They do
  11.    #11  
    Perfect -- everyone seems to be in agreement that it absolutely may or may not work.
    Same CPU and same OS, why wouldn't it work?
    One issue that may affect TomTom is if the cradle/cable connector on the 700p is different from the 650. Anyone have an educated guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenorb
    One issue that may affect TomTom is if the cradle/cable connector on the 700p is different from the 650. Anyone have an educated guess?
    if you use bluetooth this would not matter.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    It's also about 99% certain that the 700P will use the same connector as the 700W, which of course is the same as the 650
    Same connectors.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Even if it doesn't fit, you will be able to buy an after-market connector to make it work.

I have a good feeling.
    It is the same connector. All the Treo 650 multi-connector accessories (charger,cradle,etc.) are compatible with the 700w.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Same CPU and same OS, why wouldn't it work?
    not same cpu, same clock rate but it is a new cpu. if u dont belive then just go ask god he knows everything. believe in jesus.
    The connectors are the same, but the corners of the 700 are rounder than the corners of the 650, so I wonder if the 700 will actually fit into the tomtom car cradle?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast